Recently ported number from Sprint to Verizon - text message problems

Newbomb Turk

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Per the title, since porting from Sprint to Verizon last Thursday, I've had a problem receiving text messages from web services. This morning at 5:19 AM, I got 3 texts from such services that said I had successfully opted out of future automated texts from them and I haven't done such. I have the More Everything Plan with unlimited texts (supposedly). I am just looking for a quick answer if anybody is knowledgeable with Verizon's texting terms. As time allows, I will go back into these websites to try to set up my automated texts again.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hm that is very odd .. What phone do you have? Are you able to send / receive text messages to other people just fine?

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Per the title, since porting from Sprint to Verizon last Thursday, I've had a problem receiving text messages from web services. This morning at 5:19 AM, I got 3 texts from such services that said I had successfully opted out of future automated texts from them and I haven't done such. I have the More Everything Plan with unlimited texts (supposedly). I am just looking for a quick answer if anybody is knowledgeable with Verizon's texting terms. As time allows, I will go back into these websites to try to set up my automated texts again.

i would just call verizon and see whats going on, they may have to refresh provisioning

Newbomb Turk

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Hm that is very odd .. What phone do you have? Are you able to send / receive text messages to other people just fine?
LG G4, I do not know of any problems sending or receiving texts to individuals. I think I have got my Twitter texts working now. I went and subscribed again to two of the three I got the texts about this morning. The other one was from Marketron Mobile which I think is a service radio stations use to blast texts.

Newbomb Turk

May 17, 2015
Visit site
i would just call verizon and see whats going on, they may have to refresh provisioning

Gonna keep playing around and see how it turns out before calling. I was mainly concerned that I was going to find some kind of fine print that texts from automated services are not part of the unlimited texting. I seem to recall when signing up for some of these type of services, they would ask what carrier you are with and maybe that caused some sort of odd problem. I'll try to follow up in a few days in here.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Did you have an iPhone before?

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited international data via AT&T

Newbomb Turk

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I got signed back up with two of the three as I don't know what the 3rd one is and I seem to have no problems receiving my texts.

Posted via the Android Central App on my ceramic white LG G4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12