Verizon: Contract Up, Month to Month?

420benz

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
My 2 year contract is over in two days. I told them that I did not want to renew with another 2 year contract because I may switch to T-mobile. I was told that I would be put on a month to month basis. Is that true? ?

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon Contact Question

My 2 year contract is over in two days. I told them that I did not want to renew with another 2 year contract because I may switch to T-mobile. I was told that I would be put on a month to month basis. Is that true? ?

Yeah, they're going to keep charging you what you were paying on your old contract until you terminate the service.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Yes, that is the norm for all US carriers. They don't just shut your phone off until you specifically request the service to be terminated. So you simply go on a month to month plan that you may terminate at any time by requesting same.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, they're going to keep charging you what you were paying on your old contract until you terminate the service.

Depending on his plan it should drop in price for the "Line Access Fee". It shouldn't stay the same.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

If you go to TMobile when u port your number it will automatically end with Verizon if you didn't know this.

I would make sure the coverageis good. Verizon is the best

Posted via the Android Central App

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Depending on his plan it should drop in price for the "Line Access Fee". It shouldn't stay the same.

This. On verizon when you go month to month depending on the plan you have you should get a discount. For example, we have a family plan and share 10gb of data. I have a line that has an upgrade available and is out of contract so I pay $15 per month for the line now.

Sent from my Note 4

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

This. On verizon when you go month to month depending on the plan you have you should get a discount. For example, we have a family plan and share 10gb of data. I have a line that has an upgrade available and is out of contract so I pay $15 per month for the line now.

Sent from my Note 4

With AT&T you pay $15 per line in contract or not..if you upgrade the right way and have a non-smart phone line to use to cross upgrade.

420benz

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

I am leaving Verizon because their coverage in my area is very bad and they refuse to give me a free signal booster. I was told that t-mobile and att will give me one at no cost. I will compare the cost between the two .Since my note 4 is paid for shouldn't my monthly fee be lower?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I am leaving Verizon because their coverage in my area is very bad and they refuse to give me a free signal booster. I was told that t-mobile and att will give me one at no cost. I will compare the cost between the two .Since my note 4 is paid for shouldn't my monthly fee be lower?

It depends on your plan. What plan are you on?

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
My wife's 2 year plan expired about 3 months back, and because we have a 10gb data plan, they've only been charging us $15 a month for her line.
Mine expired last month.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site

Sent from my Note 4

This also.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site

If you go to T-Mobile, upgrade first, have T-Mobile pay out your contract and turn in your old phone.

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited international data via AT&T

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Like others said, Verizon should reduce your line access charge for off contract. If you are on a legacy plan then Verizon can move you to a current plan which did this

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

David Betancourt

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
I've been with Verizon for years and my galaxy s4 contract ended on May 21st. I called last week to inquire about the line discount for month to month customers and the rep told me they could give me the $15 discount but I would have to sign a one year contract. I told him forget it I'm not signing a new contract for a $15 discount. Has anyone else had this experience?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hello,
I've been with Verizon for years and my galaxy s4 contract ended on May 21st. I called last week to inquire about the line discount for month to month customers and the rep told me they could give me the $15 discount but I would have to sign a one year contract. I told him forget it I'm not signing a new contract for a $15 discount. Has anyone else had this experience?

What plan were you on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair