Verizon Promo

jsalimao

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if anyone else has received this offer but I called verizon yesterday to order the S6 and was planning on using the methods described on this forum to keep my unlimited data. The line I was upgrading was a basic line and I am going to activate it on my UDP line.

I called only to see if they could remove the upgrade fee but instead they offered me the iPhone 6 16 gb for free! The 64gb was $100. I don't like iPhones but my wife has one and figured I would upgrade her and then get the S6 in a month when my line is due for an upgrade.

Anyway, I'm a little concerned because she stated that this promo was for this line only. I'm assuming because I'm upgrading a basic to data? Either way I'm nervous that when I activate this iPhone on my wife's UDP line I'm either not going to get the promotion or worse they will charge me data on the basic line.

Is a promotion really tied to a specific line? Here is my situation:

Line 1 - HTC One - UDP - upgrade avail in August
Line 2 - iPhone 5s - UDP - upgrade avail in July
Line 3 - dumb phone - basic no data - upgrade avail - used to purchase iPhone 6

I want the iPhone 6 to end up on Line 2 keeping my UDP. I really appreciate help with this as I'm not sure how to proceed.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if anyone else has received this offer but I called verizon yesterday to order the S6 and was planning on using the methods described on this forum to keep my unlimited data. The line I was upgrading was a basic line and I am going to activate it on my UDP line.

I called only to see if they could remove the upgrade fee but instead they offered me the iPhone 6 16 gb for free! The 64gb was $100. I don't like iPhones but my wife has one and figured I would upgrade her and then get the S6 in a month when my line is due for an upgrade.

Anyway, I'm a little concerned because she stated that this promo was for this line only. I'm assuming because I'm upgrading a basic to data? Either way I'm nervous that when I activate this iPhone on my wife's UDP line I'm either not going to get the promotion or worse they will charge me data on the basic line.

Is a promotion really tied to a specific line? Here is my situation:

Line 1 - HTC One - UDP - upgrade avail in August
Line 2 - iPhone 5s - UDP - upgrade avail in July
Line 3 - dumb phone - basic no data - upgrade avail - used to purchase iPhone 6

I want the iPhone 6 to end up on Line 2 keeping my UDP. I really appreciate help with this as I'm not sure how to proceed.

Yea, it'll tack on the data plan.

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited international data via AT&T

jsalimao

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Thanks Profelec! Are you saying it will keep the data on the basic line because the promotion was for that line? I am not activating it that line though but the system will recognize that?

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

That won't happen if the OP destroys the SIM card before powering the iPhone 6 on.

I've done this at least 3 times this year. As soon as FedEx delivers it, I open the box,
take out the SIM card and destroy it in my shredder.(which is made to destroy CDs
and DVDs) As long as the basic phone is on the basic line, Verizon does not put the
data plan on it. Then I take the SIM card from my line that has UDP and put it in
the new iPhone 6. Worked just fine. The UDP line kept UDP and the basic line
stayed as a voice-only line.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
That won't happen if the OP destroys the SIM card before powering the iPhone 6 on.

I've done this at least 3 times this year. As soon as FedEx delivers it, I open the box,
take out the SIM card and destroy it in my shredder.(which is made to destroy CDs
and DVDs) As long as the basic phone is on the basic line, Verizon does not put the
data plan on it. Then I take the SIM card from my line that has UDP and put it in
the new iPhone 6. Worked just fine. The UDP line kept UDP and the basic line
stayed as a voice-only line.

This is correct. But, ordering via vzw.com it takes like 3 months for the activation to drop off

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
This is correct. But, ordering via vzw.com it takes like 3 months for the activation to drop off

YMMV... whenever I do it via VerizonWireless.com,
the activation falls off after the next billing statement
is mailed out. (not always, but at least half of the time)

I have a basic line that became upgrade eligible last
week. Verizon sent me a post card offering me the
64GB iPhone 6 Plus for just $99 with 2-year contract
renewal. Seems like a pretty big discount. Only if I'm
into iPhones. :D :D :D

Better yet, do it on BestBuy.com, if possible.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site

YMMV... whenever I do it via VerizonWireless.com,
the activation falls off after the next billing statement
is mailed out. (not always, but at least half of the time)

I have a basic line that became upgrade eligible last
week. Verizon sent me a post card offering me the
64GB iPhone 6 Plus for just $99 with 2-year contract
renewal. Seems like a pretty big discount. Only if I'm
into iPhones. :D :D :D

Better yet, do it on BestBuy.com, if possible.

Yes, if you can do it via best buy. Mine took FOEVER to fall off from Verizon's website. Either way, totally worth the annoyance. :)

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes, if you can do it via best buy. Mine took FOEVER to fall off from Verizon's website. Either way, totally worth the annoyance. :)

come to think of it, what difference does it make if activation doesn't fall off for a few months? I don't notice anything different with activation hanging on my line for a couple of months. :)

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc