Return Device After Return Period, No Refund, No Device

TinGodz

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was just browsing VZW's return policy and noticed something extremely peculiar:

If you return your merchandise, even by mistake, after the return period, you will not receive a refund and the merchandise you returned will not be returned to you.

lol How crazy is that? If you return your device after the return period, they're just going to keep your phone and tell you to F off? Finder's keepers rule or something?

Source: Under Return and Service Termination, third paragraph -- https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....com/b2c/support/return-policy&token=Srh_c4dn

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That is pretty stupid. But then again, why return something online unless you really need to. I usually just go to the store and if they say no, take the phone back.

TinGodz

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it really doesn't make sense to return your item after the return period. That would essentially be giving it away. Just thought it was hilarious that they felt the need to write this in their policy.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It is, this tells me someone actually did it, vzw said no, customer said it's not in the contract, vzw says it's past 30 days and customer says too bad, I want my money back because it's not in the contract that I cannot return after 30 days and blah blah.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm also going to go with this is there because some customer tried gaming the system.

1) Customer gets phone, uses it for 35 days, doesn't like it.
2) Customer tries returning it, told they can't
3) Customer uses return shipping label (that has 1 year to expire) and ships back phone. Once they do that, they call verizon and try and get their money back (and maybe even contract reset) since they don't have the phone, and there was "Nothing that said they couldn't" So verizon puts the wording in to prevent it.

Remember, when reading most contracts. Most of the obvious stuff is in there because someoen didn't get it the first time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy