PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE QUICK!!! BB Dead-->Contract vs. Refurb/Used DX vs. New 1.x

What should I do now that my BB Storm is dead?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

imathteacher

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
My BlackBerry Storm is dying (freezing up, shutting off, being a little b!tch). I'm a full-time tutor and it's time for semester finals and I just missed 3 people's calls AND texts AND voicemails over the weekend. 1 = bad. 3 = WARPATH! :mad:

I'd been hoping to wait until mid-Feb when I could buy a phone through Verizon, but with their new contract rules and the fact that the Bionic might not be out until April or later... well, I can't wait.

So I need a new phone, STAT. I have three options, none of which are awesome:

1. try to wipe my phone clean or use my husband's old phone with my better battery, and hope it lasts 3+ weeks (which is scary and potentially career-damaging) until my contract states I can buy the best smartphone available (Droid X or Incredible?), :(
  2. buy a Droid X or Incredible or 2 refurb/used/2nd-party-seller for cheapish (<$200) and hope it works well for at least a year, until something else goes wrong with one of our phones (husband just got a Droid X over summer to replace his BB) :-$
  3. buy a lesser droid new or practically-new for under $100 and hope it works well enough to get me through until the Bionic comes out :-\

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'll bet if you wiped your phone and put your stuff back on it, it would work fine which would get you thru to your mid-Feb date.

~ or ~

I had the same kinds of problems on my BB Storm. Tech support walked me thru a series of things to delete (if I could remember the process I would write it out here for you but I don't) and after that was done, my phone worked fine. So, if you don't want to wipe it, call tech support, tell them the problems you're having and ask someone to walk you thru these steps. I remember I was deleting things like phone logs, old txts etc ... but that's all I remember. I do wish I'd have written it all down for future reference.

Reactions: imathteacher

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
When you say wipe, which wipe. Full wipe meanin new OS install or security wipe and OS was not wiped out? I would do a full wipe and reinstall OS. And see what happens. Also do a *228 option 1. See if those help. If not then check ebay and craigslist for a used Droid. You can always go to Verizon and upgrade your phone and do the one year upgrade and not two years. I will cost you $70 more but not a bad idea. I know Bionic comes out in the summer but if you cannot find a Droid cheap then 1-year upgrade would be the option I would do.

Reactions: imathteacher

imathteacher

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! I wound up wiping the memory without wiping the OS and, if I keep it pretty uncluttered by only using email, texting, and cell-talk, I am generally okay. Or, at least, okay enough to help me wait 3 weeks. I'll probably get the incredible - the dx is a bit too large.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You could always try a full wipe and see if that fixes your issue before shelling out money on a new phone, unless you do want the new phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx