Galaxy S4 & S3 Being held hostage by Verizon..HELP! What could the hold up be?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S4 & S3 Being held hostage by Verizon...HELP!

Now that we are out of our contract, my husband and I want to switch carriers from Verizon to a PagePlus (due to price and flexibility with month to month). Pageplus says our phones are not compatible because their database says we are still in contract. After multiple service calls with both Verizon and Pageplus, now I'm being told that the Verizon SIM card is identifying both of our phones as being HTC 3G phones (of some sort, that we have never ever owned) and not the Galaxy's. Verizon suggested changing out the SIM cards, which we did. But they are still not working. The many different Verizon reps have told me many different stories on what could possibly be happening...from "This should show you how unreliable Pageplus is going to be if you switch" to "There are no such things as unlock codes for 4G phones" to "You have a 50/50 chance of getting a ($500!) phone that will work on a different network". These answers/explanations are unreasonable and anemic.

This is NOT rocket science. We just want to be able to port our numbers with out phones to another carrier. World peace would be nice, too...but...for the time being, what can we do!?! One Verizon rep suggested switching phones to different older phones, porting them out to another carrier and then trying to switch phones. But honestly, how is this becoming an impossible task?

Please, someone explain this insanity and HOPEFULLY tell me how to resolve it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 & S3 Being held hostage by Verizon...HELP!

The many different Verizon reps have told me many different stories on what could possibly be happening...from "This should show you how unreliable Pageplus is going to be if you switch"
Kind of true - read some PP forums to see what problems people have with them.

to "There are no such things as unlock codes for 4G phones"
Or white liquid stuff in plastic containers that you feed to infants. Oh, wait. There is. And what it turns into is what they're giving you. (If it's a male baby cow.)

"You have a 50/50 chance of getting a ($500!) phone that will work on a different network".
That will fertilize about as many acres as the last one.

These answers/explanations are unreasonable and anemic.
Wow! You're tolerant. They're the remains of a male bovine's lunch, that's all they are.

Please, someone explain this insanity and HOPEFULLY tell me how to resolve it.
Try FCC Complaints. I don't know if they'll get involved, but if they inquire, Verizon will suddenly be short a few employees and "find" how to make your phones work on PP. (The only number the FCC seems to know is $10,000/day/violation. And as big as Verizon is, the US government is larger. If they're even inquiring of Verizon, Verizon wants you to tell the FCC that the matter has been resolved to your satisfaction.)

You can also try your state public utilities commission.

Or send a letter, marked Personal and Confidential, to the CEO of Verizon, explain all you've been going through, and let him know that the reason you're leaving Verizon is just because of nonsense like this. (If the CEO's office calls and tells your store manager to get it done, he either gets it done or starts texting his resignation. That goes for any large corporation - you don't argue with the man/woman in the office on the top floor, who has the power to make you an ex-employee by just saying so.)

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Put a post on the social network of your choice... Facebook, Twitter, etc... find a good tag related to Verizon Wireless, one that has a nice WIDE audience and lodge a detailed complaint.

:)

Seriously, it is probably the most effective way to get someone that will resolve the situation, rather than blow you off... you end up dealing with the marketing and public relations arm, rather than customer service. Those poeple's jobs depend on them not letting their brand look bad. A rep at a store or on the phone, there's little visibility there, so if they kind of stall you, there's no consequence.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Put a post on the social network of your choice...
+1
Never underestimate the power of social media. Get your friends involved, have them reshare, tweet, whatever...

OP, if it were me, I would consider this an option as well: try to sell the phones for as much as possible, and buy unlocked ones. This way there is nothing, even Big Red, from stopping you from doing what you feel is the right move for you.

From my G4
Android Central Ambassador Team Leader

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

+1
Never underestimate the power of social media. Get your friends involved, have them reshare, tweet, whatever...

OP, if it were me, I would consider this an option as well: try to sell the phones for as much as possible, and buy unlocked ones. This way there is nothing, even Big Red, from stopping you from doing what you feel is the right move for you.

From my G4
Android Central Ambassador Team Leader
You can also use them on gsm carriers as they are unlocked assuming that you have the latest update on the s3. You may have limited connectivity though.

Sent from my Verizon Moto G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs