Edge Early Upgrade with phone swap

Androider4Life

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
On 7/20 my LG G3 contract will hit one year and should put me in edge eligible with the requirement of returning my g3. I don't want to hand over my g3

I have researched online and some say if you have another non activated smartphone laying around and you swap to that before that early edge eligible hits your line, once it does it will require the current activated phone be returned and not the original phone that started the contract. Can anyone confirm this or speak from experience?

I am thinking it will work cause my brother inlaw took my wifes upgrade when he broke his s3 and got the s4 under a 2yr contract..once the upgrade was done they did esn swaps and my wife went back her own s3..after a year she became edge early eligiable and took the note 4 on edge and verizon asked for the s3 (which was almost 3yrs old) that was active on her line at that moment and not the s4 that technically she upgraded to a year before but moved to her brothers line

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I believe they will require you to return the lg G3 as it is still under contract. Early edge requires the return of the G3 as they are allowing you out f the contract, a year early.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
You are currently on a two year contract and not edge?

If you are on a 2 year contract you need to activate the phone you want to try to early edge before start the process. You probably need to keep it on your line until you get the new phone.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Androider4Life

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
You are currently on a two year contract and not edge?

If you are on a 2 year contract you need to activate the phone you want to try to early edge before start the process. You probably need to keep it on your line until you get the new phone.

Yes I am currently in a two year agreement and on 7-20 will hit my one year mark. And that is what I was thinking I need to do. The only bump in the road is that I want a note 5 so if I put a crappy smartphone on my line now I am going to have to deal with that phone until the note 5 comes out or I wonder once my early upgrade hits and locks in on that old phone can I go back to my g3 after that till the note 5 comes out

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes I am currently in a two year agreement and on 7-20 will hit my one year mark. And that is what I was thinking I need to do. The only bump in the road is that I want a note 5 so if I put a crappy smartphone on my line now I am going to have to deal with that phone until the note 5 comes out or I wonder once my early upgrade hits and locks in on that old phone can I go back to my g3 after that till the note 5 comes out
I think it is a fluid thing. I would just swap the phones when the Note comes out. Not worth doing anything now.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
When I first had the option to early edge 15 months ago or so I did this. I was on a contract with a Razr maxx HD. I deactivated that and activated my old Galaxy Fascinate for a week or so. Then traded that in for my new phone (Moto X at the time). Had no issues. But that was a long time ago and the deal language may have been different, so I don't know how relevant it is for you today.

Posted via the Android Central App