Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default End of contract and New ever 2

So my contract is ending at the end of feb. I would like to pick up the HTC thunderbolt if it comes out by then. I would also like to save as much money as possible while getting on a 1 year contract. So I was wondering if I let my contract end could I sign a new 1 year contract, get the 1 year pricing and still have my new ever 2 promotion added on for a further discount?
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,079 Global Posts

You have to sign a 2 year agreement too use the NE2.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

so my only option is to wait for my current contract to expire and then sign a 1 year contract?
    Coffee Addict

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9/Franco Kernal

You should be able to upgrade at 20 months (and still do a 1 year contract) so you don't need to wait for it to expire.

That being said, you CANNOT use the NE2 discount. What you'll pay is 2yr pricing+$70 (unless this changes for LTE devices). So the Thunderbolt will be $320, not $250 if the pricing leaked earlier is accurate.

Places like best buy, wirefly, etc may not offer 1yr pricing, and if they do, it most likely won't be just $70 over their 2yr pricing.
    I'm a tech junkie with a weak spot for Good Music, Good Beer, and Excellent Coffee.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,735 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Do one year contracts. The device is a little more up front, but every 9 months you are free to upgrade at the one years price That is staying in the loop IMO! Two year contracts are a bum deal I think now.