Can I get some help getting off my plan?

A

AC Question

help getting off my plan

I want to have my number released from our Verizon account and my husband is the account owner and wont release it we are going through a divorce what can I do

shortwave8669

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: help getting off my plan

I want to have my number released from our Verizon account and my husband is the account owner and wont release it we are going through a divorce what can I do

I suggest you sign up for your own number. The existing ph# belongs to the acct owner

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Any account managers should be able to make changes to lines. Unfortunately, if you aren't an account manager then you are out of luck. The only other way would be through a court order

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I can't see why your husband wouldn't release it. If it's his account then he's financially responsible? If he releases it you can set it up on your own name?

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I can't see why your husband wouldn't release it. If it's his account then he's financially responsible? If he releases it you can set it up on your own name?

Posted via the Android Central App
The account owner is financially responsible for the entire account. Perhaps he doesn't want the divorce, perhaps he wants to keep tabs on who she is calling... Just a speculation of course. But there are reasons why he wants to keep the line.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

She has probably had that number for years and don't want to go through the hassle of having to update everyone and every business etc with the new number. But as its been stated she will probably just go get a new number.

Posted from my Nexus 6

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Correct. Doing an AOL and changing the billing system password need to be done by the account owner.

Your only real chance is to communicate with him and hope he reconsiders, assuming it is really important to you.

I am sorry you are going through a divorce.

Last edited by a moderator:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

Mod Note - We do not condone talks of fraud. This is strictly prohibited. Please keep it legal and on topic.

Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463