Help Me Get A Droid

07GD SFD

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently a BlackBerry 9650 owner and would like to get a Droid X. Unfortunately I'm unable to upgrade at a discounted price directly through Verizon until March, 2012.

Is there anything I can do to get a discounted price on a new Droid X now? I'd rather not buy used. Could I add an additional line to my account, get the discounted price, and then activate the X on my current line (to keep my same number)? I don't have another Verizon device besides my BBerry and don't want to pay for data plans on two lines.

Any other thoughts? Or am I just stuck with the 'Berry until next March?

ruger141

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I am almost in the same shoes as you. This is what I posted I am gonna do..... "Cool, I have to go the VZ route since I will be switching to a Family plan to do so and activating my old flip phone in place of my current Black Berry so that I end up with a $6 a month increase from a single line Blackberry to a Dual Line Family Plan with 250 more minutes with the T-Bolt and the old flip active on it." If you can find a cheap working flip phone(avoid the costly required Data Plan of a Smartphone) it would be worth paying 30 buck for to save that much more in the long run and get your phone now! Good Luck.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That would be fine but in the end, your paying an extra $200 in the end for another line.

Call them and tell them that your phone is acting up and instead of replacement, you want a new phone and upgrade slightly early. Sometimes they let you do it depending on the rep.

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
The easiest way to acheive what you're looking for is to add a line and sell your Bold to help pay the cancellation fees.

Complaining that device doesn't work as the multi fru policy that used to allow you to switch to another device after 3 problematic devices is no longer in effect because of misuse.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. People lying and trying to cheat the system ruined it for everyone.

I don't know if this is a company wide policy for all phones or just a Blackberry policy but if you start having problems w/your phone they will ship you a refurb replacement if it can't be fixed with a tech over the phone and if you have purchased the insurance. This has to happen 3X before they will send you a new phone of the same name or at this point I heard you can upgrade to the next phone model up from there.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
They did away with 3 replacement and you get a new phone. Been though 11 bb 9550 and everyone, they gave me a replacement. Finally got sick of it and left to go to DX. I asked the rep and they said that policy is gone and to just send replacement out.

07GD SFD

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, everyone. Since I don't have a non-smartphone to activate I guess I'm just stuck. Oh well. I can't wait to get a Droid, though!

07GD SFD

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I was going to use the non-smartphone as a secondary line device to get the Droid on my current line. How'd you get a dummy ESN?

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I was going to use the non-smartphone as a secondary line device to get the Droid on my current line. How'd you get a dummy ESN?

I asked for it. I have 2 extra lines that I do not use, I just have them for additional upgrades. I activate dummy ESN's on them so I don't need a phone on the line.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I asked for it. I have 2 extra lines that I do not use, I just have them for additional upgrades. I activate dummy ESN's on them so I don't need a phone on the line.

$9*20 (minimum upgrade date)=$180 x 2 = $360

Average sale price of an "old" Droid= $100-$200

Droid Incredible's, X, Etc are even higher.

It would be smarter to take that money and just keep it in a separate account in your bank. You'll easily be able to activate a new phone at least once a year with the money you save + resale of old device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87