Why do people buy/sell new and unused Verizon SIM cards on Amazon and eBay?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I know this must sound like a silly question, but I can't figure out a possible answer. Why do people buy/sell new and unused Verizon SIM cards on Amazon and eBay?

I was looking to get a new SIM card and saw those listings.... (ended up calling Verizon and got one for free) I can under stand people buying/selling on eBay too boost their feedback ratings. However, there are also many VZW SIM cards being sold on Amazon. They range from $4 to $10 or more.

Am I missing something? Why do people need to pay real money to buy something that VZW gives out for free?(or ship to your home for free?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Some people don't want to deal with Verizon directly, or they have unlimited data. It should in theory be ok, but some Verizon reps have been known to mess it up

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
As Dpham said, there are many times I would rather pay a few dollars to save time, avoiding having to troubleshoot an old sim I know is bad or expired, or having to give them an IMEI for a phone that I know will work but isn't in their system.

I also like to carry a couple spares when I travel just in case the unexpected happens.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I do try to avoid my Verizon corporate store... And I have called in and requested a sim... And they hassle you to go to the store,but after a bit of complaining they will send it out. Honestly I have enough stress in my life... Spending $5 isn't a big deal to me

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar