VZ Navigator

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Call Verizon and ask them if you have a Droid device you have google navigation FREE and it is just as good as VZ Nav. So why pay for it if you are able to use the google navigation ?

Reactions: droidnewbie2011

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
My DroidX has a full turn-by-turn navigation as well as my brothers OG Droid. I think it might just be for Motorola devices. Don't think it's on Samsung or HTC but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Google does offer a turn by turn voice navigation feature which is called navigation, just VZW doesn't want you to know about it. It is definitely on my EVO and works very well along with Sprint Navigation and Googlemaps.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I love my dinc's free turn by turn navigation , I am not impressed with the iPhone's maps or maps at all.

nfalbo

Sep 24, 2010
twitter.com
Google maps has built in turn by turn voice directions for android based devices. It is completely free and works great. I have a Garmin and opt to use google maps navigation over my Garmin.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Both the DX and the Incredible have google navigation with turn by turn voice. Better then vzw navigator and free I used vzw navigator on my berry but google on android

sent using TaPaTaLk

droidnewbie2011

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It seems VZ Navigator will be $4.99 for the iPhone. Is there any word or idea if it will lower for everyone or stay $9.99 for the rest of us? :)

It's $9.99 for VZ Navigator and while it's great and all, I did check and read about Google Maps, it does give turn by turn directions. If you want the flashy FB intergration, weather, etc with VZ Navigator then there is the cost for it, IMO.