Verizon raising the price for Unlimited Data Plan by $20 after November 15, 2015

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Im not sure what you're asking but here is a link
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=227608

If you're unlimited is still under contract and you use any method to renew, your new two years will start when you get the new phone.

Line 1: UDP on-contract (complete 11/2016), Upgrade Available

Best Buy method today would give you essentially a new contract with contract end date 11/2017. It would not move it to 11/2018.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Almighty1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
If you're unlimited is still under contract and you use any method to renew, your new two years will start when you get the new phone.

Line 1: UDP on-contract (complete 11/2016), Upgrade Available

Best Buy method today would give you essentially a new contract with contract end date 11/2017. It would not move it to 11/2018.

Exactly since whenever you change rate plans, you basically start a new contract from the date of the change so if you did it today, it would end 2 years from today.

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
So good news and bad news.

Good news is I did the trick today. I bought an iPhone subsidized from Best Buy to flip on Swappa to lock into contract and save the $20/month because I wanted a White V10 and BB doesn't have one.

Bad news is I went to Verizon Online to buy my White V10 full retail without messing with my account but it says that I have to switch to the Verizon Plan and will lose unlimited data permanently if I do. Why in the world wouldn't they just let you buy a phone without messing with your account? I don't understand. I thought thats the entire point of buying full retail. If I wait for a V10 on Swappa I'll miss out on the Promotion of 200 gb sd card + battery.

Really bummed right now. I thought I had it all figured out and Verizon just took a **** in my cheerios this morning.

Last edited:

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
What's the scenario?

Line 1: UDP on M2M with upgrade available

I finally reached someone higher up in the Verizon food chain.... the rep told me that it was the tier 2 tech support guy's supervisor's boss... she was able to manually add another year to my existing remaining 12+ months of contract. (which ends in 11/2016) She changed it to 11/2017. She assured me that I would NOT be charge the $20 increase until 11/2017)

Guess it's really true that the crying baby that cries the loudest always gets the candy? :D

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
So good news and bad news.

Good news is I did the trick today. I bought an iPhone subsidized from Best Buy to flip on Swappa to lock into contract and save the $20/month because I wanted a White V10 and BB doesn't have one.

Bad news is I went to Verizon Online to buy my White V10 full retail without messing with my account but it says that I have to switch to the Verizon Plan and will lose unlimited data permanently if I do. Why in the world wouldn't they just let you buy a phone without messing with your account? I don't understand. I thought thats the entire point of buying full retail. If I wait for a V10 on Swappa I'll miss out on the Promotion of 200 gb sd card + battery.

Really bummed right now. I thought I had it all figured out and Verizon just took a **** in my cheerios this morning.

Try purchasing it from their iconic portal (https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/order/common/dotcomContainer.jsp). For some reason, this works significantly better than their main website.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I finally reached someone higher up in the Verizon food chain.... the rep told me that it was the tier 2 tech support guy's supervisor's boss... she was able to manually add another year to my existing remaining 12+ months of contract. (which ends in 11/2016) She changed it to 11/2017. She assured me that I would NOT be charge the $20 increase until 11/2017)

Guess it's really true that the crying baby that cries the loudest always gets the candy? :D

So they added the year outside of any loyalty promotions?

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried adding a line?

Yea I tried that. It's forcing a change to the Verizon Plan. What's really strange about this is that I tested this out before I did the BB method and I was able to buy the V10 full retail without making any changes to my account if I wanted to. I should have in hindsight because now I can't.

Last edited:

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Actually this did help. It is telling me: "A pending order existing on this MTN. Some transactions may be restricted."

So maybe I need to wait for the Best Buy purchase to complete and contract to renew and I will try again after that.

The iconic portal tends to be easier to purchase things full price. However, it does sound like Verizon is going to make you wait about a month due to the pending order. Hopefully, Best Buy offers want you soon if you are hoping to get it earlier.

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
The iconic portal tends to be easier to purchase things full price. However, it does sound like Verizon is going to make you wait about a month due to the pending order. Hopefully, Best Buy offers want you soon if you are hoping to get it earlier.

Okay the pending transaction is complete so I chose "Upgrade at full price" and now it's partially working. It said I could keep existing plan but now the check out cart only has my minutes and says my monthly bill will be $39 lol. Something isnt right.

Last edited:

flintlock

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand how any of you are still under contract with UDPs as they stopped working new ones more than two years ago. I've been off for quite some time and have even upgraded one of my phones at full price.

So how can I stretch my UDP?

mustang02

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand how any of you are still under contract with UDPs as they stopped working new ones more than two years ago. I've been off for quite some time and have even upgraded one of my phones at full price.

Buy a phone with your upgrade at best buy online. There is a huge thread on it.

dabombcra

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

I agree, I have not been on a contract for 3 years now

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

There was a computer glitch for about 24hrs two years ago that allowed you to upgrade straight on the Verizon website...

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
There was a computer glitch for about 24hrs two years ago that allowed you to upgrade straight on the Verizon website...

Posted via the Android Central App

Yup.

Got my first gen Moto X in September of 2013 on that glitch.

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
So they added the year outside of any loyalty promotions?

My contract wasn't expiring until 11/2016.

The first VZW added the loyalty 100-minute bonus. VZW website showed new contract end date of 11/2017.

A couple of days later the 100-minute bonus remained, but the contract date went back to 11/2016.

Several calls to Verizon made no difference. (conflicting answers) I ended up with two 100-minute bonus on that UDP line. Still the original 11/2016 end date.

The last Verizon rep was much higher up and was manually "correct" my contract date to 11/2017. I later learned that she was in charge of that call center.(one of many Verizon call centers) She gave me her direct line and told me to call her if necessary. However, as of today, the 11/2017 has remained. :)

Forgot mention that a Verizon rep did offer me $15/month account credit for 12 months, no strings attached, to offset the $20 increase. The offer is still noted in my account, although I didnt' accept it. Glad I didn't because an actual contract extension to 11/2017 was way better. (on second thought, what if I call back and ask them to look up the notes left by that rep and tell them that I wan to accept the $15/month credit for 12 months? nah... I'm not that greedy... or am I? :D )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool