What is Verizon's current best rootable Android?

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
That's about it, isn't it? I suppose the new to be released 6P can work too but I cannot put that on Edge @ 0%, at least not yet.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
That's about it, isn't it? I suppose the new to be released 6P can work too but I cannot put that on Edge @ 0%, at least not yet.
If Verizon ever carries the 6p. Which looks very doubtful at this point. There are some nice prices on the N6 elsewhere than from verizon. I got mine from Motorola directly when it first came out & Verizon sim worked perfectly. Price is now several hundred dollars less than what I paid. Check out Best Buy, Amazon. I think I saw a 32gb for $349.

gimpy1

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Moto X pure? For $399. I would get (may still if I can talk myself into it), but just this week upgraded two of our phones.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If Verizon ever carries the 6p. Which looks very doubtful at this point. There are some nice prices on the N6 elsewhere than from verizon. I got mine from Motorola directly when it first came out & Verizon sim worked perfectly. Price is now several hundred dollars less than what I paid. Check out Best Buy, Amazon. I think I saw a 32gb for $349.
You can buy the 6p anywhere and it should work on Verizon with an active 4GLTE sim.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

VagrantSaint

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
You can buy the 6p anywhere and it should work on Verizon with an active 4GLTE sim.

Well right now it's only through the play store that you can buy it but it should work on any carrier

Posted via the Android Central App

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

I think the IMEI has to be recognized in Verizon's system. I attempted to activate an unlocked G4 with Verizon. It had the band's, but not an IMEI their system recognized. So I connected it at AT&T.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think the IMEI has to be recognized in Verizon's system. I attempted to activate an unlocked G4 with Verizon. It had the band's, but not an IMEI their system recognized. So I connected it at AT&T.

The unlocked g4 didn't have Verizon lte band 13 radio ,so no way it would work. It has secondary bands but band 13 lte, aside from being Verizon primary lte, is the only band where Verizon must follow the "open devices" requirement of the 700MHz auction.

I believe that you had the h815, which didn't have lte band 13.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/527756-lg-g4-models-cellular-frequencies.html

With regards to the imei not recognized, this is the same issue that n6 and mxpe users experienced... However since those devices have Verizon lte band 13 , then you could use an active Verizon 4GLTE sim card. Verizon wouldn't activate them directly however until they were certified.

Last edited:

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
What don't you like about the note edge? I was thinking of getting a note 5

I love the Note series. I've owned a Note 3 and 4 and loved them both. The Note Edge is another story. The software is awesome, the performance suffers. I think the edge screen taxes the system too much. For example: I've had times that I was in an app when the phone rang, and it is presented on the edge screen to answer, but the lag was so bad that it would not respond to my "drag to answer". So, my beef is with performance not the Note ethos itself. That I like. I would love to switch to the 5 but I still owe $500 on this beast with Edge... :-(
What don't you like about the note edge? I was thinking of getting a note 5

I love the Note series. I've owned a Note 3 and 4 and loved them both. The Note Edge is another story. The software is awesome, the performance suffers. I think the edge screen taxes the

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome