Help picking which option...

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Need help picking which would be the better option in the long run.

I have three lines that are summarized like this:

1: Main line. On 2yr contract June '15 to '17. Currently occupied by a Note 5 purchased on DPP via adding the now vacant line below.

2: Currently vacant line. No contract. Just a line. With data access. Previously occupied by G4 now sold.

3: LTE tablet on DPP. Just shy of 50% paid off (December payment will be one year)

I sold the phone (G4) that was on the vacant line. I only added the vacant line so I could buy a Note 5 on DPP and swapped it to my main line.

So I want to use the money from the sale of the G4 to make the smartest choice for my monthly bill.

Should I use the money to:

Pay the ETF to get out of that 2yr contract on my main line?

Pay off the DPP on the Note 5?

Pay off the DPP on the LTE tablet? (Which I would probably then drop the LTE line access to it, because I literally never use it on LTE.)

And I'm still paying for LTE access on the vacant line, but I am thinking of adding a basic phone there as a backup, or cutting the line altogether.

If you had money to pay one thing off, an ETF to get out of a contract, or a DPP, what would you do?

Posted via the Android Central App

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Need help picking which would be the better option in the long run.

I have three lines that are summarized like this:

1: Main line. On 2yr contract June '15 to '17. Currently occupied by a Note 5 purchased on DPP via adding the now vacant line below.

2: Currently vacant line. No contract. Just a line. With data access. Previously occupied by G4 now sold.

3: LTE tablet on DPP. Just shy of 50% paid off (December payment will be one year)

I sold the phone (G4) that was on the vacant line. I only added the vacant line so I could buy a Note 5 on DPP and swapped it to my main line.

So I want to use the money from the sale of the G4 to make the smartest choice for my monthly bill.

Should I use the money to:

Pay the ETF to get out of that 2yr contract on my main line?

Pay off the DPP on the Note 5?

Pay off the DPP on the LTE tablet? (Which I would probably then drop the LTE line access to it, because I literally never use it on LTE.)

And I'm still paying for LTE access on the vacant line, but I am thinking of adding a basic phone there as a backup, or cutting the line altogether.

If you had money to pay one thing off, an ETF to get out of a contract, or a DPP, what would you do?

If you're planning to keep your Note 5 until your contract is up (and you know you're going to) then I'd probably pay off the DDP but otherwise get out of your contract. That's how I'd do it.

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Wellllllll the sale of the G4 doesn't quite cover the DPP for the Note 5. Thought it would but nope just checked. Close though if I saved up for a few weeks.

I'm going to be keeping the Note 5, that's been decided, hence why I sold the G4.

My thought process mainly was geared toward get out of the line 1 contract or pay off the tablet...I have enough for one of those from the G4 sale.

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Wellllllll the sale of the G4 doesn't quite cover the DPP for the Note 5. Thought it would but nope just checked. Close though if I saved up for a few weeks.

I'm going to be keeping the Note 5, that's been decided, hence why I sold the G4.

My thought process mainly was geared toward get out of the line 1 contract or pay off the tablet...I have enough for one of those from the G4 sale.

If it doesn't quite cover the Note 5 and you're keeping it I'd get out of the contract. I would do the tablet line last as, to me at least, it wouldn't be all that urgent. I can't stand contracts though.

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I have no freedom to do like anything with that line, being under contract. That's why I had to add a dang line just to be able to buy the Note 5 on a DPP...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781