More Everything, change data pkg now, discounts?

redsandvb

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
We're on ME w/ 4gb Loyalty data...can we still change to 6gb and get the $25/month discount vs the $15/month we're currently getting? Looking at VZW's website it only offers me switch to the New Plan or see (not change) our current one when you click on Manage Plan.

We have:
4gb loyalty pkg
Line1= smartphone out-of-contract
Line2= smartphone on-contract
Line3= basic phone out-of-contract

Considering changing Line3 to smartphone (either bring our own or payment plan) and upping data to 6gb if the bigger discount is still available.

Thanks! :cool:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I believe that currently you would need to move to the 10gb tier to qualify for the $25 line access discount. You should call Verizon to verify

redsandvb

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Related question regarding above plan...

If we remove Line3's basic phone to go try out another carrier but decide to come back to VZW, this time with an unlocked smartphone purchased separately, would we receive the line discount for bringing our own phone? Would we pay $25 instead of the standard $40?

Thanks!:cool:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If they let you back on the ME plan and not force you to put that one on a Verizon Plan (I'm not 100% but I think you can), make sure to ask for the out of contract discount. I recently bought out a payment plan and was reading up on the line access discount. Basically it looks like the payment plan discount ends, but one call to Verizon asking for the out of contract discount got me an equivalent line access discount. I'm on a 10 GB plan, so I got the $25 discount.

It looks like they used to advertise this during a bring your own device program, but they removed the option to add the OOC discount online and it's not automatically applied.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty