How to resolve number porting problem?

sunnysd00

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Trying to learn how to use this webiste. :) I posted the below to the Q&A Forum but it was meant for this forum to get more specific help with Verizon.

Hi, long time reader here but never posted until now. I moved lines from Sprint to Verizon. I ported 2 numbers over a week ago. This week, I ported a 3rd line because that line's contract just completed. I don't know if Verizon provided me wrong instructions or what happened but the 3rd number was ported on top of one of the other 2 phones and I've lost the original phone number.

I called Verizon but the customer service rep said my original number is lost. This is unacceptable to me. Has anyone been successful when something like this happened to them? I can't be the first person to experience this problem. It wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't a phone I use for business for over 10 years and hundreds of people call for me to make my living. The rep just didn't seem to care about that number. He even said the phone number went back to Sprint.

So I called Sprint on another line, where the Verizon rep could hear the conversation. The Sprint rep said what I thought. The number left Sprint a week ago and it doesn't go back to them. The rep said Sprint has a system for this kind of error, where for a few hours, a deactivated number can be brought back. I can't believe Verizon doesn't have a fail safe system like this, as I assume I'm not the first person to experience this problem.

If you know how I can get help to resolve this problem, please let me know.

sunnysd00

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Looks like I must have been helped by the most clueless Verizon rep. The next day, I was helped and got my number back. None of the drama of the first rep, telling me tough luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2