Wifi calling nexus 6p

Daniel Mott

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I would like to do the wifi calling when it becomes available but without this phone being officially on Verizon will I ever get it? I don't get reception where I work so wifi calling would be very helpful since we have wifi everywhere. I know we can do advance calling on these phones so do we just have to wait till the 8th when wifi calling is turned on for Samsung phones to get wifi calling? I think wifi calling is built into the nexus but your carrier just has to support it.

Last edited:

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Probably will have to at least wait until the 6p is in their system before even thinking about WiFi calling.

Nexus 6P

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't see Verizon expanding it for awhile. That's just my guess. I feel they will use some of the Samsung phones as beta testers and go from there.

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't see Verizon expanding it for awhile. That's just my guess. I feel they will use some of the Samsung phones as beta testers and go from there.

This is probably the truth. We should see a repeat of what happened with Advance Calling 1.0. A few Android phones will be beta testers, followed by a gradual expansion. Apple will get it probably in iOS 10. Most likely, the Nexis will see it built into the 6.1 upgrade just like AC/HD Calling was built into 5.0.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon