Broke phone during 30 day period for Insurance Claim

joe_butters

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I recently broke(more like destroyed) my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge plus and although Verizon confirmed I have insurance on the phone, it has not been a full 30 days (Roughly 10-11) since the insurance was added to the line, so Asurion will not replace the phone until then.

Meanwhile I have an iPhone 5s that I could use.

Does anyone agree or disagree that it is safe for me use the iPhone 5s until these 30 days are up?? I am afraid they are going to decline me because it will show on my account that I have been using an iPhone, rather than my Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.

Thoughts? (other than dont break your phone or buy a case, please)

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
re:

I recently broke(more like destroyed) my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge plus and although Verizon confirmed I have insurance on the phone, it has not been a full 30 days (Roughly 10-11) since the insurance was added to the line, so Asurion will not replace the phone until then.

Meanwhile I have an iPhone 5s that I could use.

Does anyone agree or disagree that it is safe for me use the iPhone 5s until these 30 days are up?? I am afraid they are going to decline me because it will show on my account that I have been using an iPhone, rather than my Galaxy S6 Edge Plus.

Thoughts? (other than dont break your phone or buy a case, please)

Asurion will replace the device that is active on the account at the time of the claim.

That said, if they had a waiting period before you could make a claim it may be insurance fraud to make the claim later.