SMS messages on laptop.

browetally

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I'll hopefully be switching over to Verizon tomorrow from AT&T. I have been a longtime Textra user for SMS messages. Is there a way that I can send/receive SMS messages on my laptop?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Go to www.vtext.com. Login to your Verizon wireless account and you will be able to send and receive text messages on the laptop assuming that you will use Verizon messages+ app on your phone which syncs your messages to Verizon's server.

browetally

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I found an app called MightyText that does exactly what I want without needing to use a new messaging client on the phone.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's very own Messages+ app does that; install on phone, tablet and PC/laptop for across platform texting. It's awesome !

Posted via the Android Central App

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I found an app called MightyText that does exactly what I want without needing to use a new messaging client on the phone.
I am a huge fan of Mighty Text. I use it on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 and on my PC through my Chrome browser.. Added feature free is download /upload photos from cell phone. It will also tell you the battery life of your cell phone and when calls are coming in of your phone is not with you.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Since you are joining Verizon, try the Message Plus app. It should come pre-installed on your new Verizon phone. Your texts will sync between your phone, tablet and desktop (of course you have to install/update the app from Playstore on phone & tablet. On Windows or Mac, Google search to find the app. On the phone/ tablet you will gain a feature that lets you view all the embedded pictures/videos in all your text messages in a view that allows you to save the pictures to your gallery (instead of searching through all your individual text threads looking for these pictures,). In addition, when you enable Advanced Calling on your phone, you can make & receive calls on your tablet. It's pretty robust.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...-use-verizon-messages-android/&token=Gvp6S8B7

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech