Verizon compatible phone?

r_some

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I own an LG LS660 (Tribute). Originally, I got it from Boost Mobile a couple of years ago. I was able to root the phone, no problems. My question: Can I use this phone if I sign up for Verizon prepaid?

Verizon's website says that the phone is compatible, but they also said it must be a Verizon phone. Since mine is rooted, I wasn't sure if it mattered or not.

Thanks.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Hmm, it might not work sadly, since it was originally a Boost Mobile phone. Verizon is kind of stingy about what phones they allow. They might have a Verizon variant of this phone which is why they say it is compatible.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I own an LG LS660 (Tribute). Originally, I got it from Boost Mobile a couple of years ago. I was able to root the phone, no problems. My question: Can I use this phone if I sign up for Verizon prepaid?

Verizon's website says that the phone is compatible, but they also said it must be a Verizon phone. Since mine is rooted, I wasn't sure if it mattered or not.

Thanks.

I am near certain it's a no.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah except for the Moto X and the latest google phones. Only Verizon branded phones will work on their network

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007