Verizon Visual Voicemail Notification Won't Leave Me Alone

killzoid23

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Whenever I get a voicemail, refresh the voicemail app, or even just wait a while, the app will yell at me that it can't connect to visual voicemail. I've tried looking for solutions for a few hours now, but all I can find is outdated information about an old version of the verizon website.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Here's a picture of the notification I'm talking about. http://imgur.com/JYbOUsX

Last edited:

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
You have your mobile data enabled? I'm not sure, but doesn't the Note 5 have a refresh network settings option in the backup and reset menu? You could try doing that. Did it just start happening?

Posted via the Android Central App

killzoid23

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
It looks like turning on mobile data fixed it, even though I'm connected to the internet via wifi. I usually have mobile data turned off until I need it (since I don't know too much about the behind the scenes stuff the phone does), for fear of some process eating all my data in the background. I tried resetting the network settings, but it didn't help. It started happening about 2 months ago when I updated the phone (I think it updated to android 6.0, but I don't remember). Turning off wifi and mobile data and refreshing the voicemail app gives the same message.

The voicemail app uses at least 10 kb of data whenever I refresh the app fyi, so that's interesting.

Thanks for helping.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Or you can just do what I did and call Verizon and have them completely get rid of VVM on my account. I wanted the old style VM where I just see a VM notification and tap on it to dial my VM and play any messages. No more can't connect to VVM notifications or having to turn on data to get rid of them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown