2 lines on our account we don't use

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
So I have my service with Verizon. I have 2 lines of service that we are not using. When one of my friends left her husband, she and her daughter needed phones and service so I put them on my account. Stupid, I know. When she quit paying their portion of the bill, I asked for devices back and was suspending service on those lines, they sold/lost the phones. Not getting law involved, just chalking it up to lesson learned. So, now my question is, these are 2 year contracts- how do I get out of the contracts, for the least amount of money? Verizon says find someone that wants to assume liability of the lines. I can pay the $700 in ETFs, but would prefer not to.

And again, lesson learned.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Post on one of the cell plan trading sites (we don't allow selling cell phone plans). See what others are willing to buy the line for, it would probably be less than etf. Don't forget that you might also have to pay taxes and fees on etf

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
So I have my service with Verizon. I have 2 lines of service that we are not using. When one of my friends left her husband, she and her daughter needed phones and service so I put them on my account. Stupid, I know. When she quit paying their portion of the bill, I asked for devices back and was suspending service on those lines, they sold/lost the phones. Not getting law involved, just chalking it up to lesson learned. So, now my question is, these are 2 year contracts- how do I get out of the contracts, for the least amount of money? Verizon says find someone that wants to assume liability of the lines. I can pay the $700 in ETFs, but would prefer not to.

And again, lesson learned.

To bad they didn't die, Verizon would shut them off for free just by calling in. Best bet is to see if someone will take them or pay the etf

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, do they have unlimited data? If so then you should be able to sell them for a good amount of money (again, not on here)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
To bad they didn't die, Verizon would shut them off for free just by calling in. Best bet is to see if someone will take them or pay the etf

That's a very unkind thing to say.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't trust a stranger taking over the lines. I did the same yrs ago and terrible decision on my part. A lesson well learned. I actually took the person to small claims court. Made her pay me. And she did.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't trust a stranger taking over the lines. I did the same yrs ago and terrible decision on my part. A lesson well learned. I actually took the person to small claims court. Made her pay me. And she did.

I have sold unlimited data lines a few times... No issues so far but I also made sure to find people familiar with the process even if I get a little less

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital