"Phase 3" of out-of-contract unlimited data $20 price increase

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
http://www.droid-life.com/2016/07/1...-unlimited-data-increase-kicks-off-august-21/

Droid Life is guessing:

Who is impacted this time? It’s tough to tell, but from what we can gather, “Phase 3” is finally nabbing those with old unlimited Alltel plans and special all-in-one plans that don’t have separated data features. In reality, if for some reason you haven’t yet seen the increase from $29.99 to $49.99, you are probably due this time around.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I have unlimited data but are on contract till November 2017, I think this only affects those off contract
I think you're correct about that, it's looping in all the off contracts that weren't covered by the first two waves.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much it looks like they are doing the $20 increase in batches until they ultimately get everyone on unlimited. So a few more "phases" of this increase are likely to appear in the future.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much it looks like they are doing the $20 increase in batches until they ultimately get everyone on unlimited. So a few more "phases" of this increase are likely to appear in the future.

Only if they're off-contract.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: "Phase 3" of out-of-contract unlimited data $20 price increase

I have mentioned this 3rd sweep before.

Droid life information directly contradicts reddit and hofo which says that plans with udp built in won't be affected (like alltel). Also there were specific exclusions for ecpd, cleu and govt.

yeahizme

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
They have tried to get me off, but I was considering just giving up my udp and going with metro pcs....they have a $60 unlim data plan , but .......their coverage is far less superior to Verizon and I do frequent a lot of rural areas in NC, SC, GA, and VA.....

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They have tried to get me off, but I was considering just giving up my udp and going with metro pcs....they have a $60 unlim data plan , but .......their coverage is far less superior to Verizon and I do frequent a lot of rural areas in NC, SC, GA, and VA.....

Yeah T-Mobile coverage (especially NC) isn't the best. Best bet is to stay put.