Family to Singe Line Plan question

nycrazyy

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Line 1 (me): Unlimited Data Plan
Line 2 (dad): 2gb data plan
Plan - Nationwide Family Shareplan 1400 minutes

My dad needs more data because of his new job so he is going to switch his service to T-Mobile. He will port his Verizon number to T-Mobile next month. Obviously, I'm going to stay with Verizon Wireless because of the unlimited data I still have. T-Mobile will pay the ETF so I assume I will automatically be switched over to one of Verizons old single plans and still keep my unlimited data? Because my contract is good through November 2017.

Thanks in advance.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Safest way would be to have Verizon move both phones do individual lines first, then your dad can port out his line

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Line 1 (me): Unlimited Data Plan
Line 2 (dad): 2gb data plan
Plan - Nationwide Family Shareplan 1400 minutes

My dad needs more data because of his new job so he is going to switch his service to T-Mobile. He will port his Verizon number to T-Mobile next month. Obviously, I'm going to stay with Verizon Wireless because of the unlimited data I still have. T-Mobile will pay the ETF so I assume I will automatically be switched over to one of Verizons old single plans and still keep my unlimited data? Because my contract is good through November 2017.

Thanks in advance.

It is not automatic. It will remove your father's line, and keep you by yourself on a family plan. You will need to call Verizon to get switched to a single line nationwide plan.

If the rep says it isn't possible, they are lying or don't know what they are doing, so just call back and get a different rep. You will have the choice of 450 minutes or 900 minutes.

Posted via the Android Central App

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Safest way would be to have Verizon move both phones do individual lines first, then your dad can port out his line

Really no reason to move it to separate individual lines before hand. But he could if he wanted too, I guess.

Posted via the Android Central App