1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Default VZW Droid Eris activation

I apologize if this has already been discussed, I searched and came up with nothing.

This is my first post here. I just purchased a used Droid Eris from a guy who terminated his contract early so he could get a Droid. Had I known this at the time I probably wouldn't have bought the phone, but too late now I guess. Anyway, VZW isn't letting me activate the phone on my account until the end of his billing cycle, which is March 13. He is going to go by the VZW store tomorrow and see if he goes ahead and pays the ETF if they will clear it for me to activate.

My question is, has anyone else been in this situation? And if so, was there any way to activate your phone before the end of the billing cycle? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SBC44 View Post
    I apologize if this has already been discussed, I searched and came up with nothing.

This is my first post here. I just purchased a used Droid Eris from a guy who terminated his contract early so he could get a Droid. Had I known this at the time I probably wouldn't have bought the phone, but too late now I guess. Anyway, VZW isn't letting me activate the phone on my account until the end of his billing cycle, which is March 13. He is going to go by the VZW store tomorrow and see if he goes ahead and pays the ETF if they will clear it for me to activate.

My question is, has anyone else been in this situation? And if so, was there any way to activate your phone before the end of the billing cycle? Thanks!
    This does not make sense, both are Verizon phones. Why would he need to terminate his contract to get the Droid?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billbobaggins View Post
    This does not make sense, both are Verizon phones. Why would he need to terminate his contract to get the Droid?
    Undoubtedly so he could buy it for the subsidized price. Obviously he would have been better off buying a used Droid so he didn't have to pay the ETF, but too late for that.

It does seem sensible that Verizon has this particular policy in place, since they give the guy who sold you the phone 30 days to return the Droid and cancel his contract. I suppose they have to have a system in place to ensure that the new user could have reactivated his old phone and contract if he changed his mind within the 30 days.

Good luck; I hope that him paying the ETF clears this up for you.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Update: Just got the phone activated. The guy I bought it from paid off his EFT this morning, but that alone didn't solve the problem. They allowed him to put an esn from one of my old phones on the account, which cleared up the esn on the Droid Eris for me to activate. Problem solved!

So now your old phone is activated on his account? Use that one from now on LOL

My wife just ordered an Eris. It was free with her 2yr upgrade. I'm glad to see her moving from an LG dumbphone to an Android device. The Eris is a pretty nice little phone.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gardobus View Post
    So now your old phone is activated on his account? Use that one from now on LOL

My wife just ordered an Eris. It was free with her 2yr upgrade. I'm glad to see her moving from an LG dumbphone to an Android device. The Eris is a pretty nice little phone.
    Yep

I'm coming to this phone from a BB Storm, definitely liking Android so far.

And slightly OT, are you on GMFS? Your SN looks familiar.

Haha I used to be. I was on there as gardobus and then eventually changed my name to "Juan!". The atmosphere over there has changed A LOT since I first joined. I am mostly over on AllOffTopic.com now hanging out.

I also came from a Storm btw and I've never regretted the switch
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Small world But yeah I definitely agree about the atmosphere over there.

Yeah, I used to love that place, I registered in 04 :whoa: but now there is way too much ego and "I'm OG, worship me" type stuff going on LOL