my local VZW corporate completely stopped displaying/selling basic flip phones.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this has been going on for a while.

I went into the local Verizon corporate store to pay my bill because my
home internet was down and I didn't want to have an overdue bill.

I browsed and played with all the latest phones that came out within the
last couple of months.

Then I noticed something missing. There were absolutely no basic flip-
phones on display. There used be at least 3 or 4 of them in the corner.
I asked the manager and she said they no longer put them on display
because of lack of demand.

She also said they did not stock those phones in store. They will sell
them to customers who ask for those phone, but the phones will be
shipped directly to the customer's home.

Wow... guess that's the end of an era? :) :(

By the way, I recently ordered a Samsung Convoy 4 online in order
to keep my contract extended for 24 more months. I'm loving this
phone because the other person's voice sounds so LOUD and CLEAR.
None of my smartphones can produce voice that clearly. (Note 4,
Note 5, LG G4, S7 edge, Moto G4)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They were still doing that? I haven't seen those in any of my local stores for a long time.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I can't imagine paying Verizon prices for a new non-smartphone. We bought a phone for my son last year, did not want to get him a Smartphone yet. He is young and does not need the internet 24x7. Maybe next year, but not now. I bought a cheap lightly used phone on Amazon or eBay, can't remember which one. Phone was in great shape and very inexpensive.

On a side note, all but one of my phones are paid for on my account. I am loving how much I am saving on my Verizon service. I can't imagine every financing a phone through Verizon, we will continue to buy good quality used phones.

comk4ver

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I think it depends on your area, I'm in Southern California and an ethnic community so my corporate store still had basic phones about two weeks ago.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I think it depends on your area, I'm in Southern California and an ethnic community so my corporate store still had basic phones about two weeks ago.

Koreatown? (only because so many of people I met still carried flip phone... well, actually, they had flip smartphones, which we don't have in this country :( )

comk4ver

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Koreatown? (only because so many of people I met still carried flip phone... well, actually, they had flip smartphones, which we don't have in this country :( )
Nah, City of Commerce. I don't think we have smart flip phones out here? I would only buy LG's to begin with anyways! I bought the LG Exalt full price about two years ago? Still going strong.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
They still have the non-smartphone and flip/slide phones on display at the Verizon corporate store in Phoenix on W. Bell Rd. I'm told that is the busiest store in the Phoenix area so maybe that is why.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
They are coming out with a VoLTE version shortly, so basically if the store runs out, it's very unlikely they will get more until then.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
You kidding? The basic phones they were offering at my store were being charged, with sheer BALLS, for about 100-150, since my mom needed a new phone. So my brother said to hell with it, I got her a Iphone 6s for 1 buck at BB with free case, and he pays for her data plan.