HTC Thunderbolt - International Text Messages

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I did a quick search for this topic but it doesn't seem to appear. I was on T-Mobile until two days ago when I switched to Verizon and got a Thunderbolt. There seems to be an issue with international texts and occasionally with international phone calls with the default way the system is set up.

I call and text Ukraine and Afghanistan a lot - normally (and this was the case with tmobile) the dialing assistance takes care of the right predial codes for you (that is if you're in the US it will prepend the 011 for you) and as long as the number in your phonebook is otherwise accurate (e.g., "380505355xxx" it gets there.

This isn't the case with Verizon and at very least the thunderbolt. Texts do reach their destination when you disable the dialing assistance and fill out the target number completely including the international calling prefix (e.g., send it to 011380505355xxx).

This is, naturally, horribly annoying and I wonder what other stuff I've broken by disabling dialing assistance (do I have to dial 1-800-555-1234 instead of 800-555-1234 now)? or if there is another way to fix this?

Thanks all.

...already kinda missing the seamlessness of international tmobile use, and I haven't even gotten out of the US with the tbolt yet.