Need more free data? Check your promos!

z28marols1

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I currently have 7 smartphone lines, 3 of which have the bonus data (2GB/mo for the life of the line) due to upgrading those lines while that particular promo was available. After tooling around on MyVerizon for a few I noticed the familiar banner saying "We have promotions available for you!" (or something to that affect). I've clicked it before and it was just random stuff I wasn't interested in, like "get 1 gig free for trying GO90" and others, but I was bored so I checked it. Turns out they were offering me 2GB/mo/line on my other 4 lines as well! No stings attached. I figured it must be a glitch so I clicked to add it to my account. 15 minutes later I have 14GB/mo of bonus data (2GB x 7 lines) on my account. The only stipulations are that you are on a New Verizon Plan L or larger (8 or more GB per month) and you have a qualifying smartphone on the line to continue to receive that lines bonus. I'm not sure what they consider to be a qualifying smartphone, as I have a combination of 4 Note 5's, a Note 7, an iPhone 6s and an iPhone 7 plus, some paid off and some on payment plans and they all qualified.

TL;DR: Check that promo banner once in awhile on your Verizon account, sometimes there's some good stuff in there!

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I have been looking at the site and can't find a promo banner. Maybe it doesn't come up for everyone or it depends on your plan. I already have the New Verizon plan 16 gb. Where are you seeing this banner?

anon(8453378)

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I have been looking at the site and can't find a promo banner. Maybe it doesn't come up for everyone or it depends on your plan. I already have the New Verizon plan 16 gb. Where are you seeing this banner?
I have the 16 gb plan as well. Try notifications up top. I believe there was a banner saying that you have offer(s) available.

z28marols1

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I have the 16 gb plan as well. Try notifications up top. I believe there was a banner saying that you have offer(s) available.

That's exactly it. Like I said, I don't know what causes it to trigger on your account but it doesn't do much to tell you that you qualify, so it never hurts to check. You have to be on the desktop site, and the notification button looks like a little bell.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I do have the bell near the top. For me, it says I have zero notifications. Glad some if you were able to get something. Maybe it just comes up at random times. Also could be because I get a 15 percent discount through my employer and they won't give me anymore deals.

z28marols1

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I do have the bell near the top. For me, it says I have zero notifications. Glad some if you were able to get something. Maybe it just comes up at random times. Also could be because I get a 15 percent discount through my employer and they won't give me anymore deals.

Keep checking it, I also get a discount through my employer (25%), so that is probably not it. It may just pop up at a random time.