Note 7 recall killed my udp

furbymac

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
So when I walked into best buy I had unlimited data, just noticed it got changed when I changed out my note 7 for the recall......will I be able to get it back

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
So when I walked into best buy I had unlimited data, just noticed it got changed when I changed out my note 7 for the recall......will I be able to get it back
Return the phone and file an IPR.

This is one of my problems with returning the phone. I am attempting to return directly through Samsung.

How did you originally purchase the phone?

furbymac

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I bought it threw best buy on a 2yr contract.......called Verizon and they said to take it back and put it on payment plan and the guy at Verizon will call me back later and add it back on.......the kicker is they added me to a .7gb plan, even the verizon guy was pissed at that

furbymac

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Update::: returned phone and got added to device payment plan, talked to Verizon on the phone and they are in the process of issuing an iscr??, or whatever they called it, To be able to bring my udp back

4truegrit

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
That's the problem I'm having in returning this note 7. Purchased through pre-order on Verizon online, I got the subsidized price and a new two-year contract. I know if I take it in the store will remove the unlimited data. Because it was supposed to have been removed when I purchased the phone but I did not use the Sim in the phone they sent, because it has a new plan on it. I just threw it away and used the one in my current phone. I have tried doing the Exchange over the phone but they switch the plan, removing the unlimited data and then I just cancel the order. I also have tried to exchange through Samsung but they just keep sending me to Verizon..so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do my only option is to hang onto it at this point. It's not worth anything for resale, I don't want to lose my unlimited. Not sure if there's a deadline, I may try again ordering over the phone with Verizon. Any suggestions?

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
That's the problem I'm having in returning this note 7. Purchased through pre-order on Verizon online, I got the subsidized price and a new two-year contract. I know if I take it in the store will remove the unlimited data. Because it was supposed to have been removed when I purchased the phone but I did not use the Sim in the phone they sent, because it has a new plan on it. I just threw it away and used the one in my current phone. I have tried doing the Exchange over the phone but they switch the plan, removing the unlimited data and then I just cancel the order. I also have tried to exchange through Samsung but they just keep sending me to Verizon..so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do my only option is to hang onto it at this point. It's not worth anything for resale, I don't want to lose my unlimited. Not sure if there's a deadline, I may try again ordering over the phone with Verizon. Any suggestions?
I swapped note 7 with a friend after I got my note 7. I did Snkydvl and "sell."

I called Samsung and explained I purchased the phone on Craigslist and can't get in touch with original seller. I have a ticket number and they will get back to me in a 5-7 business days. It took 3 phone calls to Samsung to get a ticket number.

The guy I swapped phones with actually returned the phone purchased on my account to Verizon.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Update::: returned phone and got added to device payment plan, talked to Verizon on the phone and they are in the process of issuing an iscr??, or whatever they called it, To be able to bring my udp back
They are doing an IPR. Inactive plan request. It can take a couple days. I would call tomorrow and check the status.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So long as you returned the phone then ipr should be able to process reinstating udp. If not then you may have to use other tactics but let's not get ahead of ourselves

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I swapped note 7 with a friend after I got my note 7. I did Snkydvl and "sell."

I called Samsung and explained I purchased the phone on Craigslist and can't get in touch with original seller. I have a ticket number and they will get back to me in a 5-7 business days. It took 3 phone calls to Samsung to get a ticket number.

The guy I swapped phones with actually returned the phone purchased on my account to Verizon.
I'm on the same boat, I did BBM and swapped Note 7 with a friend.
He sold my Note 7 locally and never heard back from the buyer. I'm stuck with his Note 7 and looking to explore my options.
When the guy you swapped phone with returned the phone to VZW, any changes to your UDP?
Looks like I'll have to call samsung directly to get a replacement

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the same boat, I did BBM and swapped Note 7 with a friend.
He sold my Note 7 locally and never heard back from the buyer. I'm stuck with his Note 7 and looking to explore my options.
When the guy you swapped phone with returned the phone to VZW, any changes to your UDP?
Looks like I'll have to call samsung directly to get a replacement
My account is the same. Under contract until 2018 and data still at $29.99. His upgrade was restored. I would just call Samsung. I am still waiting on a response. I came Friday. The said I will hear something in 5-7 business days.

You can probably also return the note on your account. Then when you upgrade is restored reorder other online. Or another option is have your friend exchange on his account. Do they have unlimited?

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
My account is the same. Under contract until 2018 and data still at $29.99. His upgrade was restored. I would just call Samsung. I am still waiting on a response. I came Friday. The said I will hear something in 5-7 business days.

You can probably also return the note on your account. Then when you upgrade is restored reorder other online. Or another option is have your friend exchange on his account. Do they have unlimited?
Good to know udp is still intact, thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately my friend and I both have udp, we did bbm to extend our contracts and lock into $29.99 data plan.
I tried to returned the phone to best buy and the first thing they did was calling vzw corp to confirmed my plan. I immediately stopped the exchange since I know I will lose my udp (I've done bbm 3 times in the past).
I'm planning to contact samsung and CPSC to help me with my exchange, let me know how it goes in your case. Thanks

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Good to know udp is still intact, thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately my friend and I both have udp, we did bbm to extend our contracts and lock into $29.99 data plan.
I tried to returned the phone to best buy and the first thing they did was calling vzw corp to confirmed my plan. I immediately stopped the exchange since I know I will lose my udp (I've done bbm 3 times in the past).
I'm planning to contact samsung and CPSC to help me with my exchange, let me know how it goes in your case. Thanks
I will keep you posted. I will probably call on Tuesday if I don't hear from them before that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007