Line access discount problem

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Do the new Verizon plans still allow for the line access discounts on paid off phones? I had it on the More Everything plan, but I recently upgraded the plan. With the My Verizon app, it said I'd only see about a $10 increase in price, after taking into account the various discounts I have. In reality, it jumped about $40 and I lost the access discount. In short it's false advertising if the access discount is no longer usable, but I know that would be hard to prove.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Do the new Verizon plans still allow for the line access discounts on paid off phones? I had it on the More Everything plan, but I recently upgraded the plan. With the My Verizon app, it said I'd only see about a $10 increase in price, after taking into account the various discounts I have. In reality, it jumped about $40 and I lost the access discount. In short it's false advertising if the access discount is no longer usable, but I know that would be hard to prove.

Paid off phones, line access is $20 on the Verizon Plan.

I believe any previous line discounts no longer apply.

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Paid off phones, line access is $20 on the Verizon Plan.

I believe any previous discounts no longer apply
I only had the line access and employer discount. I did some more digging and they do have some 'splaning to do or adjust my bill. My prior bill reflected the proper $15 line access, and thankfully the app lets you see your next bill ahead of time, and it shows the proper $20 line access of the new plan. So I was double charged this month somehow.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I called today and basically it was because of a plan change that I had back dated to take advantage of a special offer. Since the Verizon plans don't give a line access discount, they had to recoup that discount as part of the backdating.

If you know business taxes, it's basically like recapture of depreciation when selling a major asset. XD