Family plan help please

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a family share plan with verizon. What would happen if I ported one number away from Verizon? Would it affect my account at all? My monthly bill should drop by about 40.00.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a family share plan with verizon. What would happen if I ported one number away from Verizon? Would it affect my account at all? My monthly bill should drop by about 40.00.
It really depends on how the family plan is structured. I would highly suggest contacting Verizon to see if they can provide you with all costs associated with the change.

cyanogenmod

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I definitely agree with the above poster here.. this question is better answered by Verizon than any of us here... granted there are some very knowledgeable people but still it's the safest way.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
To add…they may want to try and keep your business by offering you certain discounts and/or upgrades. If you are set on porting that number to another carrier, then be sure you let them know up front that there’s no way to keep that number on the account so they don’t waste your time trying to keep it. Good luck!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have ported out a line on my family plan. No problem and they just pro rated the usage on that line.

Also I would not port out the primary line . You can make another line primary if you wish to port out that line.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia