2 Year Contract

nicemann

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
A little bit of a back story. I was one of the customers that preordered the Note 7, replaced the Note 7, and then had to finally turn it back in. I now have a Google Pixel XL (got it during the preorder). Same thing on my 2nd line. All of this was done a 2 year upgrade and with that price. Really weird thing going on with my account. I still show both lines eligible for upgrade and it does show 2 year pricing when I click into it. First not sure why it says the lines are eligible especially since it says on my account both lines are under contract till 9/15/18.

So I am wondering if others are able to still get the 2 year pricing for upgrades? I also wonder if they will try to stick another 2 years to me if I decide to do an upgrade again now. Would my contract date go to Sept 2020. Talking about a long commitment. Don't want to call Verizon because I am sure they will fix their mistake. Was wondering if anyone else had the same kind of thing happen to them.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi, welcome to the forums. My guess is they have you the upgrades back and that any new purchases would extend your contract by two years from the purchase date, and not from the current contract end date. Unfortunately only Verizon can actually answer that question with certainty.

nicemann

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome to the forums. My guess is they have you the upgrades back and that any new purchases would extend your contract by two years from the purchase date, and not from the current contract end date. Unfortunately only Verizon can actually answer that question with certainty.

Thanks may wait till the Note 8 comes out or at least till the S8 comes out to try and see what happens. Hopefully by then they don't remove the 2 year contract price off the account.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks may wait till the Note 8 comes out or at least till the S8 comes out to try and see what happens. Hopefully by then they don't remove the 2 year contract price off the account.
I've read recently that 2 year pricing may be going away soon. Best of luck to you, I hope that it works out.

coldRooster

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
So they are already gone for most customers or will be at the end of January? Ordering why I am showing the 2 year still on mine.

They should be fine for everyone at this point. Only thing I can think of is when people returned their note 7s Verizon reset the contract date so it might be a system glitch

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek