Will I lose UDP if I drop my "NATIONWIDE TLK&TXT SHARE 700" plan down to just 1 line?

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Will I lose UDP if I drop my "NATIONWIDE TLK&TXT SHARE 700" plan down to just 1 line?

Line 1 is still UDP, contract end date in November 2018.

Line 2 is basic phone, no data, out of contract.

If I drop Line 2, my account will have just one line remaining(Line 1). will I have to switch to a non-shared plan? If so, will I lose UDP?

Thanks.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Will I lose UDP if I drop my "NATIONWIDE TLK&TXT SHARE 700" plan down to just 1 line?

You would have to switch to an individual plan. It can be done while retaining UDP... But that depends on the rep.

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Will I lose UDP if I drop my "NATIONWIDE TLK&TXT SHARE 700" plan down to just 1 line?

You would have to switch to an individual plan. It can be done while retaining UDP... But that depends on the rep.

What will I happen if I just port line 2 out? When I ported line 3 out previously, nothing changed, because I still had two lines left. if line 2 gets ported out and only 1 line remaining, what is Verizon's system automatically set up to do?

thedonp

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site

They don't do anything. Your just paying the family plan price without the additional lines to back it up

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site

Apparently I'm too late. After talking with 4 regular Verizon reps, 3 supervisors, and 1 corporate store manager over the last few days, they all gave the same answer. As of November 15, 2016, switching out of shared plan to a single-line plan(not currently offered), will result in the UDP being lost. Two of the supervisors called me back 1 and 2 days later and told me that my only solution for keeping the UDP until November 2018 was to stay on my current shared line plan(even with just 1 line on the account)

Interestingly, both supervisors said they would waive my existing $350 ETF if I choose to move from my shared 700-minute plan to the single-line 450-minute plan. (basically removing my 2-year contract for free) I just renewed it it in November 2016 and contracts ends November 2018. The catch is that I'll be moved to the 2gb data plan.

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I did this very thing about 2.5 years ago. The second line ported out, mine is the main line. I didn't have to change a thing, I pay the family plan price, the $10 line access and the unlimited data. I will say that it is cheaper to switch to the new plans, which is what I'll likely do, but nothing in my plan or contract was affected by getting rid of a line.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge