Unlimited Data is back

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Hope you enjoy Verizon as much as we do.
Ported 4 lines from Verizon (had to leave 1 on Verizon due to work requirements) to AT&T 6 months ago. Had horrible signal, took forever to load a page, update apps, anything and everything was slow. 1 bar at home on AT&T. Also calls would break up. Closest AT&T tower is 3 miles from our home. Was not happy with them from day 1. Verizon was going to up our 2 udp lines by $20.00 each, our bill would have been around $380.00 a month. We switched back to Verizon on Friday. So so glad to have excellent signal again. Now we're at 4 & 5 bars at home. The closest tower on Verizon is .5 miles from our home. I can see it from our front door.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Hope you enjoy Verizon as much as we do.
Ported 4 lines from Verizon (had to leave 1 on Verizon due to work requirements) to AT&T 6 months ago. Had horrible signal, took forever to load a page, update apps, anything and everything was slow. 1 bar at home on AT&T. Also calls would break up. Closest AT&T tower is 3 miles from our home. Was not happy with them from day 1. Verizon was going to up our 2 udp lines by $20.00 each, our bill would have been around $380.00 a month. We switched back to Verizon on Friday. So so glad to have excellent signal again. Now we're at 4 & 5 bars at home. The closest tower on Verizon is .5 miles from our home. I can see it from our front door.
AT&T is a joke. I had 2 phone lines and 2 tablet lines. Ported our phones to Verizon since Verizon would pay our payment plans off. Today I paid about $400 ($256 for iPad installment and $140 for ETF and last bill) to pay off my entire account and close everything with AT&T. Right now I have Verizon and they are EXPENSIVE. For 2 lines, 2 DPP, and UDP I am looking at about $215 per month whereas T-Mobile (only other option where I am) would be about $160 per month for the same set of stuff.

tpalermo30

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Does FoxFi and PDA Net work with the new verizon unlimited plan? The reason I am asking is a friend is on T-mobile with unlimited data and 5GB of hotspot data a month. Even with FoxFi turned on after 5GB of data with the hotspot it goes down to like 2G speed. I don't know why it's like FoxFi does not work with T-mobile but i'm just wondering if it works with Verizon anymore.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Does FoxFi and PDA Net work with the new verizon unlimited plan? The reason I am asking is a friend is on T-mobile with unlimited data and 5GB of hotspot data a month. Even with FoxFi turned on after 5GB of data with the hotspot it goes down to like 2G speed. I don't know why it's like FoxFi does not work with T-mobile but i'm just wondering if it works with Verizon anymore.
Not allowed to talk about that on this forum. It falls under illegal activity.

tpalermo30

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure why you said it's illegal activity Verizon is the one who told me to install it when I was signing up for my plan. If it's really illegal I would not expect Verizon to tell me to install it. When I signed up for my plan they told me I could pay an extra 35 dollars for a hotspot or just download PDA Net it was at a corporate store. That's what I did.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why you said it's illegal activity Verizon is the one who told me to install it when I was signing up for my plan. If it's really illegal I would not expect Verizon to tell me to install it. When I signed up for my plan they told me I could pay an extra 35 dollars for a hotspot or just download PDA Net it was at a corporate store. That's what I did.
We can't control want a carrier tells you but on the boards we don't allow bypassing hotspot. If you're paying extra for it that's fine but if not then please read the below link.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=4877886

Any other questions please send me a private message (PM). Thanks!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just an FYI -- I tried to apply my discount today for MIL and it works.

Attachments

• verizonmildiscount.png
    verizonmildiscount.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 52

JDA54669

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Glad to see some are saving money switching to UL. With 5 off contact phones and a nice corporate discount now, I'm seeing an almost $30 increase.

Is that what others are seeing?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Glad to see some are saving money switching to UL. With 5 off contact phones and a nice corporate discount now, I'm seeing an almost $30 increase.

Is that what others are seeing?
I seen a big discount with more to come as 4 lines come out of contract. I had 2 accounts with 4 grandfathered unlimited lines with 2 of them already higher the other 2 coming out of contract by December so I was expecting another $40 price increase. I was paying thru the nose to have those unlimited lines. They finally gave me something to give up the old unlimited lines. When all the lines come off contract I should be saving close to $200 a month.

I think my savings in large is coming from paying for 2 separate plans. I have friends that it's cheaper for them to stay on the tiered and some they were cheaper to move to unlimited.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
My current plan is;

1 - $49.99 UDP line out of contract
2 - $29.99 UDP lines on contract
1 - $29.99 2 gig line on contract

My total savings if I switch to the new plans is a whopping $1.53 per month. Lol.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My current plan is;

My total savings if I switch to the new plans is a whopping $1.53 per month. Lol.

Current cost is $181.53?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
My current plan is;

Right now maybe.... But when those 2 lines come off contract the new plan will go down $40. If you stay on your current plan, the bill will go up $20.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki