trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
My current plan is;

1 - $49.99 UDP line out of contract
2 - $29.99 UDP lines on contract
1 - $29.99 2 gig line on contract

My total savings if I switch to the new plans is a whopping $1.53 per month. Lol.
New plan

$110 base.
$20 line 1
$120 3 lines under contract

$250.

Will be $190 when contracts are up, $180 with auto pay and paperless billing discounts.

Boils down to when those lines come out of contract, as you are also going to get a $40 price increase when those unlimited data lines come off contract.

I think i understand your situation now.

Edit.. Just seen your photo, I do understand. How long you have those lines under contract

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
New plan

$110 base.
$20 line 1
$120 3 lines under contract

$250.

Will be $190 when contracts are up, $180 with auto pay and paperless billing discounts.

Boils down to when those lines come out of contract, as you are also going to get a $40 price increase when those unlimited data lines come off contract.

I think i understand your situation now.

Edit.. Just seen your photo, I do understand. How long you have those lines under contract
July, August and October.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
July, August and October.
I would switch. Small savings now, but good savings in near future.. Unless you use huge amounts of data. IMO I think the grandfathered unlimited data lines are going to be axed or made more expensive to keep. I don't think Verizon is going to let up on getting those out of your hands. But that's me, do what you think is good for you.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I would switch. Small savings now, but good savings in near future.. Unless you use huge amounts of data. IMO I think the grandfathered unlimited data lines are going to be axed or made more expensive to keep. I don't think Verizon is going to let up on getting those out of your hands. But that's me, do what you think is good for you.
I most likely will switch. I'm hoping Verizon will sweeten the offer for us old UDP accounts to switch. Plus my daughter, who has the 2 gig line will appreciate the data bump.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Agreed. I believe the old ones will eventually be fully kicked out by Verizon.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I most likely will switch. I'm hoping Verizon will sweeten the offer for us old UDP accounts to switch. Plus my daughter, who has the 2 gig line will appreciate the data bump.

I doubt they'll do anything extra for old UDPs.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
They May just raise the old UDPs again... just for the hell of it, but if history is an indicator they will never kick you off unless you are using ungodly amounts of data. People that use their phones for home internet and hotspot constantly will get kicked off the plans at some point.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They May just raise the old UDPs again... just for the hell of it, but if history is an indicator they will never kick you off unless you are using ungodly amounts of data. People that use their phones for home internet and hotspot constantly will get kicked off the plans at some point.

I wouldn't say ungodly amounts. They lowered it recently to 200 GB.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I tether A LOT at work and I never hit over 100 GB, without really abusing the system. I have no problem with 200 GB users getting kicked. They use more than their fair share and cause congestion and slow down everyone else's connections, after all it is really shared bandwidth.

200 GB is like 6.4 per day, every day.... that is quite a bit of data.

Not everyone agrees with me tho ;)

NougatDude

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
I tether A LOT at work and I never hit over 100 GB, without really abusing the system. I have no problem with 200 GB users getting kicked. They use more than their fair share and cause congestion and slow down everyone else's connections, after all it is really shared bandwidth.

Some would say 100 gb is abusive. Me personally? I don't care why or how much anyone uses. In the end it's what Verizon says even their empty threats of disconnect.

NougatDude

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know how many subaccounts one could have on their account and how many total lines Verizon allows? I have a main account and 3 subs I think. Total of I believe 5 or 6 lines. Thanks

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm just saying it isn't hard if you watch media on the phone. Most work days I can pull anywhere from 6 to 12 GB.

NougatDude

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm just saying it isn't hard if you watch media on the phone. Most work days I can pull anywhere from 6 to 12 GB.

Do you think Verizon even cares about grandfather udps now that they are offering udp? I mean it makes no sense even with deprior. Someone could use 200gb etc if they're not on a congested tower

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you think Verizon even cares about grandfather udps now that they are offering udp? I mean it makes no sense even with deprior. Someone could use 200gb etc if they're not on a congested tower
I'm sure they want them off the older plans. They are cheaper (usually) and they can use hotspot unlimited (sort of) with an add-on.

NougatDude

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm sure they want them off the older plans. They are cheaper (usually) and they can use hotspot unlimited (sort of) with an add-on.

True unless they keep raising the price for off contracts but I hope they leave us alone now. Btw do you have any insight into my question I asked above? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid