Verizon MiFi

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
If I did the research I am sure I could possibly find the answer from Verizon but figured I'd get real life answers from you all. If I have the UDP does it cap the MiFi at 10GB tethering or what? Im considering getting one.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
If I did the research I am sure I could possibly find the answer from Verizon but figured I'd get real life answers from you all. If I have the UDP does it cap the MiFi at 10GB tethering or what? Im considering getting one.

Yes it throttles at 10gb, then it goes down to 3g speeds for unlimited.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Assume it's like the tablets. Unlimited, at 22 gigs it's subject to being throttled if tower is busy.

Awesome. I was hoping that was the case!

Sorry guys, but you are all wrong. 10gb is the limit, then its 3g speeds unlimited.

Ms. Crummey,

Internet forums are buzzing with people who have switched to the new Verizon Unlimited Plan. Many have stated that they added a Jetpack line to this plan for $20. On Verizon’s website, there is a page of FAQ’s which state that you can do that. See here, scroll down to #5 and #8 https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...t/verizon-plan-unlimited-faqs/&token=EbhdmII_

You have been quoted on Howard Forums as saying that a Jetpack line can’t be added to the new Verizon Unlimited Plan. Could you please clarify this matter for me? Can a Jetpack or other mifi device be added to the new unlimited plan?

Thanks,

Hi *****,

You can add a jetpack to these plans. However, these plans are not designed for unlimited use on internet devices like jetpacks. There is a 10 GB threshold for hotspot use.

Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.

Cheers,
Kelly

Kelly L. Crummey
Director, Corporate Communications

1 Verizon Way
Basking Ridge, N.J. 07920

Attachments

• new unlimited.PNG
    new unlimited.PNG
    23.4 KB · Views: 37

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Sorry guys, but you are all wrong. 10gb is the limit, then its 3g speeds unlimited.

Ms. Crummey,

Internet forums are buzzing with people who have switched to the new Verizon Unlimited Plan. Many have stated that they added a Jetpack line to this plan for $20. On Verizon’s website, there is a page of FAQ’s which state that you can do that. See here, scroll down to #5 and #8 https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...t/verizon-plan-unlimited-faqs/&token=xcd1bhB2

You have been quoted on Howard Forums as saying that a Jetpack line can’t be added to the new Verizon Unlimited Plan. Could you please clarify this matter for me? Can a Jetpack or other mifi device be added to the new unlimited plan?

Thanks,

Hi *****,

You can add a jetpack to these plans. However, these plans are not designed for unlimited use on internet devices like jetpacks. There is a 10 GB threshold for hotspot use.

Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.

Cheers,
Kelly

Kelly L. Crummey
Director, Corporate Communications

1 Verizon Way
Basking Ridge, N.J. 07920

That's why I said to confirm with Verizon. I said I assumed it would be like a tablet. Thankfully they explained the tablet right to me, LOL.

By the way, thanks for the graph, that explains a lot better then most reps.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I assume that it may change. They don't want people using tons via a hotspot.

Time will tell...

CharlesH

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
They put the 10GB tethering limit and the 22GB "deprioritization" limits in the product definition right upfront, so they can implement those limits if and when they want to, without customers screaming about breach of a promise of "unlimited". Generally customers (except on forums like this) don't complain about stated limits not being actually being enforced. :)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
They put the 10GB tethering limit and the 22GB "deprioritization" limits in the product definition right upfront, so they can implement those limits if and when they want to, without customers screaming about breach of a promise of "unlimited". Generally customers (except on forums like this) don't complain about stated limits not being actually being enforced. :)

The confusion with MiFis is that one could reasonably assume that as it's own line, it would get up to 22GB before de-prioritization if on a congested tower but we have Verizon saying that a MiFi would adhere to the tethering/hotspot limit, which is written as 10GB before mandatory slow down to 3G speeds.

mpciii

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
The confusion with MiFis is that one could reasonably assume that as it's own line, it would get up to 22GB before de-prioritization if on a congested tower but we have Verizon saying that a MiFi would adhere to the tethering/hotspot limit, which is written as 10GB before mandatory slow down to 3G speeds.

I have a mifi on its own line. It's listed as an unlimited line that I'm getting charged a $20 access fee for. Tethering refers to using a phone's internet access. That's why they call it tethering. The mifi is a dedicated device only used for wifi. Not sure where the confusion is coming from but no way I'd pay $20 for a separate line with the tethering limits. Maybe they are placing those requirements on new mifi devices? This line has been active as a mifi line for about 4-5 years.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay