Can you upgrade phone online through Best Buy?

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I am looking to upgrade my S7E to the S8+. It says on the Verizon site I can upgrade since paid off 50%. If I buy the phone through Best Buy it is cheaper (extra $100 off). Can I do the upgrade still via Best Buy or would I end up buying it at Best Buy and then just sell it back to Verizon later? The monthly payment on S8+ will actually be $4 less than my current device payment plan

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: No doubt will be answers to your question, from other users in the
same situation..But I bet a Salesman from Best Buy is better
entitled to Help Upgrade from SGs7-E to Gs8+ to Verizon

Last edited:

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
To answer my own question yes. Online it connects to verizon and lets you choose upgrade. It needs your phone #, last 4 digits of SSN, and PIN.

Last edited:

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm interested to know as well? I'm going to do a search, but is there really any difference from buying from BB or Verizon? Also interested in the S8, which is cheaper at BB. Will I be tied in or contracted then by BB other than the 24/mo. payment plan itself? Basically, if I paid off or sold the phone before the 2 years, what are the repercussions?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested to know as well? I'm going to do a search, but is there really any difference from buying from BB or Verizon? Also interested in the S8, which is cheaper at BB. Will I be tied in or contracted then by BB other than the 24/mo. payment plan itself? Basically, if I paid off or sold the phone before the 2 years, what are the repercussions?

You can payoff at any time after the device ships. Some promotions where the credit is spread over 24 months may require 24 months to recouperate, and you might lose the remaining balance should you payoff early.
The dpp is done through Verizon regardless of where you bought it

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante