Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Verizon data outage

So last night I wanted to see droidmod worked so played with that and then went back to stock no root. And now I have no data widow works calls work but no net. What do I do to restore this.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,681 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Had the send issue this morning lost data but it came back on its own about 10 mins ago don't know what happened
    Rooted for life

Global Posts
    548 Global Posts

My data was gone this morning and it just came back on like 5 minutes ago. Asked a friend with a droid and a guy at work and they both had DATA when I didnt!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

After seeing thus was a issue with other feel dumb that I did a factory reset.

Global Posts
    337 Global Posts

My data service has been out at least since I woke up at 4:30 this morning. It is still out. I waited on hold with VZW customer service just for them to tell me that their data network is out nationwide and that the have no ETA to fix it, but it should be up in "less than 24 hours". As nice as VZW's website is, it'd be even nicer if they had a network status page. Then again, this is a pretty rare event.

No data service... oh, the humanity! I'm fortunate that my office building has a guest WiFi network that my phon ecan connect to, but everything except for web browsing is blocked. No Gtalk, no Pandora. :-P
    Banned

Global Posts
    435 Global Posts

Known issue with Verizons network at this time please hold tight.

Global Posts
    7,078 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Its Nationwide, and affecting users across the whole spectrum differently. It will be back, Verizon is aware of it and working on it.
    Follow Us on Twitter
    [@jareddipane]
    [@AndroidCentral]

Maybe the Droid update? :o
    VZW Droid Incredible. <3 me some Sense UI.

Yeah, apparently Verizon is having technically difficulties. Never lost data on the droid here in Raleigh, NC

Quote Originally Posted by PJnc284 View Post
    Yeah, apparently Verizon is having technically difficulties. Never lost data on the droid here in Raleigh, NC
    Same here....if I lost my data connection, it musta been in my sleep, cuz in Denver Im still up and goin..

I too must have slept through the whole outage. Working fine now, but no update :-(

Greater Philadelphia area - I didn't notice any VZW data issues from about 8:30-9:30 this morning. Emails and Google Voice messages came through fine, though I'd been on wifi before 8:30 and back on wifi now since about 9:30. But no trouble during the hour window where I wasn't on wifi.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

Verizon Wireless Fixes Network Data Outage Hitting Eastern US - WSJ.com
    Some Verizon Wireless customers in the eastern half of the U.S. were temporarily left without access to data services such as mobile Web and email early Wednesday.

The network outage, which was resolved by 8:15 a.m. ET, affected customers of "east of the Mississippi," according to spokesman James Gerace. He cited "bad switch software" which resulted in a deterioration of service and lower wireless speeds.

Not everyone in the area was affected, Gerace said. Data access in New York, for instance, continued to work Wednesday.
    Droid X

Lost my data on mine and my mothers phone this morning. All I had to do was turn them off and on again and it fixed it.
    EDIT: North East, Ohio here.

"Hello I.T. Have you tried turning it off and on again?" - Roy
    Last edited by that one person; 03-03-2010 at 10:50 AM.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Hmm, strange. I live in Upstate, NY and haven't had any issues with my data since waking up at 5 this morning.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks

Global Posts
    337 Global Posts

My service came back around 9 this morning. All has been well since then. (Central and Southwest Ohio)

-SR-

Default still out or out again

I'm in Omaha and I tried to use my data yesterday afternoon at work and it was out. It was fine this morning at home and now it's out again while at work. I guess there is no point in calling Verizon.

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 and 4.2

I'm not sure if this counts as being the same issue, but I've noticed today at home that I'm on 1x sometimes; what's crazy is that I've never seen myself lose 3G at my house.
    "My work is not a piece of writing designed to meet the taste of an immediate public, but was done to last forever." - Thucydides, ancient Greek historian