Will T-Mobile's Offer To Buy Out Your Vzw Contract?

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
No matter what the circumstances are, specifically owning a Pixel or an iPhone, T-Mobile will pay off your phone & buy you out of your plan.

Verizon still reigns King of the cellular reliability, however T-Mobile is improving their network drastically. Also, their plans are aren't as expensive and offer more (namely the unlimited data plan).

T-Mobile doesn't work well in the geographical area where I live, yet, so I'm not ready to bail yet. Are you?

T-https://www.cnet.com/news/t-mobile-will-cover-your-iphone-if-you-bring-it-from-verizon/

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Red for the win. T-mo forces you to buy a $15/mo insurance policy. WTF? Also, the hype about their network being so much improved it puts them close to Verizon is BS anyway. I need backcountry road coverage. T-mo loses in that regard.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile doesn't have the coverage in Southern California that I need.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is still by far the cheapest for my specific needs on my legacy plan and has the best coverage for me. No reason for me to switch right now

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
VZW is pricey but I have been happy with their service and works great for me. I know places where T-Mo doesn't work and I need it to work.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is actually cheaper then what I was paying for T-Mobile.

Damn. That's pretty good. If I switch to TMo, I save about $30/month.

But once the phones are off the payment plan, I should save $30/month by switching to the new plans.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, Red for the win. T-mo forces you to buy a $15/mo insurance policy. WTF? Also, the hype about their network being so much improved it puts them close to Verizon is BS anyway. I need backcountry road coverage. T-mo loses in that regard.

You can cancel the insurance at any time

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
be very careful with T-MOBILE buying you out. They lost our AT&T phones.i am still waiting for reimbursement. I plan to go back bro Verizon as soon as I get paid.

anon(9898026)

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Verizon seems to be the better deal in some cases. $55 with autopay for 5gb. A friend has that plan and I'm pretty sure he gets an employee discount so he would pay more for T-Mobile. even with kickback and $60 instead of $70 he still saves a few bucks for the network and 5gb instead of staying under 2gb with T-Mobile.

not slamming T-Mobile since I like the coverage improvements(gave them kudos the other day) for sure but tmobiles prices have crept back up which makes Verizon a good deal in many cases

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm still unclear how long you have to keep the T-Mo account live, and if the insurance can be cancelled after the refund is issued. If so, I'll be all over this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton