1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Charge Issues

I have had my Charge for a few days but I have noticed some issues consistent with other Charges I have tested.

1. The signal is inconsistent. I have a Droid X, Incredible 2, and Droid 2 Global sitting next two 3 Samsung Charges and they first 3 phones have 4 bars of 3G, the Charges 2 bars.

2. The download speeds are horrible. The first 3 phones get about 1.5 Mbps on the downloads with uploads at 1.3 Mpbs. The Charges get .6 - .7 Mbps download and uploads at 1.3 Mbps. I have tried them with LTE on and w/o LTE on. The Charges all get the same download speeds.

3. Now go to a 4G LTE area, the Charges get 2-3 bars of 4G. The download speeds are still .6 - .7 Mbps and uploads still about 1.3 Mbps. Umm what?

4. Lots of times all 3 Charges will show zero bars but still make calls.

Now these 3 Charges come from different areas.

1 from Verizon online delivery in Texas.
    1 from San Diego, CA.
    1 from Fort Myers, FL.

So I am seriously confused as to what the heck is going on. Does anyone here have any sugguestions? I like my Charge but these inconsistencies are giving me pause. I have about 11 days to return mine but I really want to discover a way to fix these issues.

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

In terms of making calls with no signal showing, I know Samsung sometimes under represents their available signal rather than show you have more than you really do.

I know this was the case with my Vibrant, and that was just after Apple was having such issues with their reception. It wouldn't surprise me if Samsung was still doing this, just to be on the safe side. Seems weird as a consumer but who knows.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dantivirus View Post
    I have had my Charge for a few days but I have noticed some issues consistent with other Charges I have tested.

1. The signal is inconsistent. I have a Droid X, Incredible 2, and Droid 2 Global sitting next two 3 Samsung Charges and they first 3 phones have 4 bars of 3G, the Charges 2 bars.

2. The download speeds are horrible. The first 3 phones get about 1.5 Mbps on the downloads with uploads at 1.3 Mpbs. The Charges get .6 - .7 Mbps download and uploads at 1.3 Mbps. I have tried them with LTE on and w/o LTE on. The Charges all get the same download speeds.

3. Now go to a 4G LTE area, the Charges get 2-3 bars of 4G. The download speeds are still .6 - .7 Mbps and uploads still about 1.3 Mbps. Umm what?

4. Lots of times all 3 Charges will show zero bars but still make calls.

Now these 3 Charges come from different areas.

1 from Verizon online delivery in Texas.
    1 from San Diego, CA.
    1 from Fort Myers, FL.

So I am seriously confused as to what the heck is going on. Does anyone here have any sugguestions? I like my Charge but these inconsistencies are giving me pause. I have about 11 days to return mine but I really want to discover a way to fix these issues.
    I am in fort myers as well, bad signal. I never have had a problem with verizon signals, but the charge is not fast at all. I have no bars at all in my house and didn't have with bb bold. I am on my second charge...i wonder if it is the phone or verizon....check this out..

I had the thunderbolt for a week. Constant reboots on calls,sms, and while sitting. I activated an old palm treo and keep the thunderbolt connected to wifi to play with it for a few more days...no more reboots...weird, I say it is verizon.... Am hoping they are just struggling to fix 4g, and im sure when it is good and stable we will see improvement

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Hopefully it is the networks, I've heard a couple more people complain about the signal strength on 3g. the reason I hope it is the network and not the phone is because they can fix the network without bothering you.

I've been having the same issues here in S.E. Columbus Ohio. One Charge, and two Fascinates all have terrible data reception. The Charge does 4G very well, but as soon as any of them hit 3GD, the data is non existent.

After about an hour on the phone with Verizon, they issued a trouble ticket and they will be getting back to me today or tomorrow. Hopefully the find the problem.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Please post what they say...they seem to act like they have never heard one issue with reception. They told me that they haven't heard anything but good about the charge

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wuclan99 View Post
    I've been having the same issues here in S.E. Columbus Ohio. One Charge, and two Fascinates all have terrible data reception. The Charge does 4G very well, but as soon as any of them hit 3GD, the data is non existent.

After about an hour on the phone with Verizon, they issued a trouble ticket and they will be getting back to me today or tomorrow. Hopefully the find the problem.
    Same thing with my Charge, Cincinnati OH. At my house flaky signal. According to VZ I am in the middle of 4G coverage. At best I get 3G and it drops to nothing, not even 1X. Other times it does go to 1X, but who cares it is slower than a dial up modem. One thing I tried is power down, take out the battery then power on. It seemed to improve the data connection, faster speed. You may want to try this to see if it makes a difference. When I am in a 4G area I get fast speeds.
    Banned

My charge's 4g has been working better since the software update but it still is not even half as fast as the demos at ces :P

Default Re: Samsung Charge Issues

People DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE. It is horrible and if Verizon does not give me a different phone all together I unfortunately will have to cancel my 10+ years of being with Verizon. I bought this phone in September and I am on my 4th one and now the internet has stopped working all together. My first phone the battery became to hot and stopped charging. Second, the phone just shut down one day and would never restart. Third one the camera would not store pictures. Now my fourth one the internet is not working at all. On top of that the battery is AWFUL! Stay away from this phone.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Default Re: Samsung Charge Issues

Quote Originally Posted by cordneal View Post
    People DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE. It is horrible and if Verizon does not give me a different phone all together I unfortunately will have to cancel my 10+ years of being with Verizon. I bought this phone in September and I am on my 4th one and now the internet has stopped working all together. My first phone the battery became to hot and stopped charging. Second, the phone just shut down one day and would never restart. Third one the camera would not store pictures. Now my fourth one the internet is not working at all. On top of that the battery is AWFUL! Stay away from this phone.
    Wow..... My wife has one, my daughter has one, both are original purchase and work very well.

Quote Originally Posted by cordneal View Post
    The internet is not working because there was an outage. Do you have working data now? I lost data last night around 11 pm and got it back this morning around 10 am. It could've came sooner but I was sleeping. :-D

My old car charger is a good 1000 ma charger and was only working some times. It works with all my other phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk