1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy

Default Rooted Droid X, and I am switching over to my gfs plan...

Hey everybody. I have a quick question for this fabulous community. I have been rooted/romed/overclocked/undervolted droid x and am currently on a fam plan with my parents to save money. Since we all went over our minutes last month my rents want to push my number over to my girlfriend's plan, which is fine with me, but im scared that someone at Verizon will need my phone to do this...

Should I sbf back to froyo or something before going into the store, or can we do this process over the phone?

Thanks in advance!
    Coffee Addict

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9/Franco Kernal

I activated my Droid Incredible (running CM7) on a month to month contract and the Verizon rep commented on how much he liked how it looked. Remember, Rooting voids your warranty, and if you try illegally tethering you can get caught, But I don't believe they'll give you any issue if you are just switching plans.

Are you doing an assumption of liability for the contract or are out of contract? That's the only place I might see an issue coming up, but like I said, I had no problems with mine.
    I'm a tech junkie with a weak spot for Good Music, Good Beer, and Excellent Coffee.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy

Quote Originally Posted by menno View Post
    I activated my Droid Incredible (running CM7) on a month to month contract and the Verizon rep commented on how much he liked how it looked. Remember, Rooting voids your warranty, and if you try illegally tethering you can get caught, But I don't believe they'll give you any issue if you are just switching plans.

Are you doing an assumption of liability for the contract or are out of contract? That's the only place I might see an issue coming up, but like I said, I had no problems with mine.
    That's the thing it Is going to be an assumption of liability for the phone line... :-/
    Banned

When I worked for Verizon I saw rooted droids all of the time. We did not care unless the customer was wanting to use his warranty