1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Goodbye G Tablet

Well it was a fun toy to play with but I've decided I need my tablet to be a reliable daily user, so I am off to get an ASUS Transformer or Samsung 10.1 in the next few days.. so I am selling my Viewsonic. It was fun here and thanks for everyone's help.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post this here but if I am ..

Thsys too bad you feel that way. My gTab performed much better than a Samsung tablet I tried.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Goodbye G Tablet

Believe me, I didn't want to ditch the gTab. I just ended up really needing it two weeks in a row and both times when I went to power on it didn't load. Second time it took an NVFlash to get it to do anything at all. I'm trying to carry the tablet instead of my laptop on vacation and it just wasn't ready. I'll be interested to see if Honeycomb ever gets supported for real, but until then I need to move on.

Though the Samsung looks amazing I still keep leaning towards the ASUS. I'd like a thinner device like the Sasmung but the ASUS just seems to work so much faster from the demo time I have spent with it.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

I've got both the GTablet and the Samsung Galaxy 10.1. There is no doubt that the Sammy blows away the GTablet in nearly every way. The only thing it doesn't have that the GTablet does is expandable memory. But the reality is that I am not putting a library of movies or items that are large on the device so 32gb is more than enough for me.

Aside from simple performance and the honeycomb OS (which I know some people aren't thrilled about but I love) the display is much better both in terms of the viewing quality and touch sensitivity.

I haven't played with the Asus too much but the Sammy was a gift...a gift that I am more than happy with.

That all being said...I'm keeping both. The GTablet is doing in the kitchen for recipes/quick ad hoc use because based on replacement price and the sturdy case I have it in I am not as concerned about damage that could happen in the kitchen. I'll use the Galaxy Tab for all other uses. There's no reason to say goodbye...there is room for two tabs.

I'm torn between buying one of these, the Asus or samsung models. In the UK . Don't want to pay a fortune out because new models are coming along all the time . 2.2 is it any good for much on android Market.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bikermolly View Post
    I'm torn between buying one of these, the Asus or samsung models. In the UK . Don't want to pay a fortune out because new models are coming along all the time . 2.2 is it any good for much on android Market.
    Bikermolly, if you're looking for a real solid product I'd go with the Samsung 10.1 (or 8.9 coming out soon). If you're looking for a bargain then go for the G Tablet. As I stated earlier, I have nothing against the G Tablet for what it is...but it certainly is excessively outperformed by the most recent devices including the Samsung, Toshiba, Asus. I believe I've read some things about quad core tablets coming out soon and if that's the case, if you hold out a little while, you can probably get a smokin' deal on the ones considered 'new' right now.

I've just bought the 7 inch viewsonic, it was much cheaper and the Acer is too heavy to bother using. I'm only surfing the net and looking at news reports etc.

ROM
    CM7 & HC Bottle of Smoke

The gtablet is on par with the acer/samsung especially with the acer /samsung especially with the latest flashback rom over on slatedroid.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

It's hardly on par. I've loaded up all the ROMs I could find and the touch screen is just not as responsive. Also, the quality of the display - the brightness, viewing angles, clarity - is of lesser quality than the Samsung. The software layer is great but the hardware, at least in terms of the screen, is inferior. I know the technical specs when lined up are very comparable but the performance is not. Using several ROMs provided a much improved experience over the stock - that's actually an understatement - but it's nowhere near what you get from the Samsung 10.1 in my experience using both tabs quite extensively at this point.

It's fine for the price, would cost 100 to 150 more for some of the other models and it's only for a couple hours at nights or weekends.

ROM
    CM7 & HC Bottle of Smoke

Now for the price($299 vs $599<Galaxy Tab 10.1>) it definitely better. Now if I had the money would I buy another tablet, yes I would most likely either get the Acer or the toshiba just due to that they have sdcard support and full usb support.

Yes, I know the viewing angles suck but its not bad especially if your the only one using it not the whole world but it definitely better now that we have honeycomb running on it.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by barakisbrown View Post
    Now for the price($299 vs $599<Galaxy Tab 10.1>) it definitely better. Now if I had the money would I buy another tablet, yes I would most likely either get the Acer or the toshiba just due to that they have sdcard support and full usb support.

Yes, I know the viewing angles suck but its not bad especially if your the only one using it not the whole world but it definitely better now that we have honeycomb running on it.
    I won't argue with that at all. I certainly wouldn't have paid for my Galaxy Tab myself because I couldn't justify that much for it. The GTab is definitely a bargain.

I would think that guy meant the Sammy blows away the Gtab in straight out the box comparison. I mean..with GTab ROOTED...i doubt it blows it away THAT bad. But then again...i cant really say yet.

New user here working behind a major firewall but love this forum I have a a Thunderbolt and a Gtab..and I love them both Ive found that if you find something that works the new is not always the way to go just make what you have better so I'm not saying good bye to my Gtab........