Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't switch apps?

I just received the g tablet yesterday. I really like it except for one issue. I can't switch apps!with the home button. I even did a factory reset and it will not work. Besides rooting (will try sometime) are there ways to fix this? Note the home button is fine otherwise.

Thanks!

Default Re: Can't switch apps?

Not possible on the stock system. I would def recommend putting a rom on there. It's like night and day.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

What is the best root to do on it and how would I go about doing it? Which sites would have more info? Thanks!

You can get cyangenmod 7 or vegan tab Ginger edition (that's what I'm using right now) they are both gingerbread based. There is also a couple honeycomb based ones like gtabcomb. Total there are probably 7 or 8 well used roms. Just do some research and see what features they offer and what suits your needs. There are a few threads on here with the links. Or on slatedroid.com. Most will link to the xda site with the files. Also YouTube has video walkthroughs. Its a lot easier than I thought. Get a few zip files on your tablet press a couple buttons and you're done.