09-17-2011 03:45 PM
- Please help me please! I've been reading in circles for days now. Ive been all over several forums, I even read gtab for dummies. It looked simple at first until I realize that it dumped me back into the same endless treads where I originally got frustrated.
Ok enough of the crying.. Here is where I am.
I'm running Clockworkmod for tap Ui 1.2 but I got lost trying to figure out where to go from there. What I'd like is a Mod that can do the following but is also easy enough for a noob.
1. Can access/use the Android app store
2. Can run a VNC viewer to act as a controller for my HTPC
In that order. Now being the dummy that I am, I not only need to which Mod, but where to get the latest and greatest. Thanks and maybe some day I can return the favor to some poor noob hre or else where = >09-16-2011 07:48 AM
- This should do what you want. Its what I use. And its def faster and I have market and Netflix access. Don't know about the htpc because I don't use that. But you can remote in to a computer with splashtop.
[ROM][BL1.1] [BL1.2]VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition v7.1.0 [UPDATED - 8/27/11] - xda-developers09-16-2011 05:12 PM
- Even after four attempts I was not able to boot Vegan Ginger 7.1. I started back at NVflash on the last three. However I was able to install Vegan Ginger 7.0 but android market does not work and without it 90% of what Id like to do is not possible. It seems there is more to rooting a gtab than I anticipated. But I'll keep trying.
Update: I've gone back to using the NVFlash Rom or whatever you get by executing the nvflash bat file. I have to say that it's an improvement over what was on the tablet when I received it. Am I correct in saying that the NVFlash for the 1.2 version is a tweaked version? I can get to several app stores run VNC however still no netflix (i think its netflix doing). The bottom line is that I feel fairly good about the OS and the gtab now.09-17-2011 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD