Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Shopping list

Please help me please! I've been reading in circles for days now. Ive been all over several forums, I even read gtab for dummies. It looked simple at first until I realize that it dumped me back into the same endless treads where I originally got frustrated.

Ok enough of the crying.. Here is where I am.

I'm running Clockworkmod for tap Ui 1.2 but I got lost trying to figure out where to go from there. What I'd like is a Mod that can do the following but is also easy enough for a noob.

1. Can access/use the Android app store
    2. Can run a VNC viewer to act as a controller for my HTPC
    3 Netflix
    4 Speed

In that order. Now being the dummy that I am, I not only need to which Mod, but where to get the latest and greatest. Thanks and maybe some day I can return the favor to some poor noob hre or else where = >

Default Re: Shopping list

This should do what you want. Its what I use. And its def faster and I have market and Netflix access. Don't know about the htpc because I don't use that. But you can remote in to a computer with splashtop.

[ROM][BL1.1] [BL1.2]VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition v7.1.0 [UPDATED - 8/27/11] - xda-developers
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks ... really thanks.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Even after four attempts I was not able to boot Vegan Ginger 7.1. I started back at NVflash on the last three. However I was able to install Vegan Ginger 7.0 but android market does not work and without it 90% of what Id like to do is not possible. It seems there is more to rooting a gtab than I anticipated. But I'll keep trying.

Update: I've gone back to using the NVFlash Rom or whatever you get by executing the nvflash bat file. I have to say that it's an improvement over what was on the tablet when I received it. Am I correct in saying that the NVFlash for the 1.2 version is a tweaked version? I can get to several app stores run VNC however still no netflix (i think its netflix doing). The bottom line is that I feel fairly good about the OS and the gtab now.
    Last edited by BobV13; 09-19-2011 at 06:49 AM.