Missing Folders in the SDCard Folder

BobV13

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Folders are missing from within the sdcard folder on my gtablet. Two folders are gone, the download folder and installed_download folder. Does android do a periodic cleanup? I down loaded a test app just to make sure i had not gotten lost in the Droid file structure, but the new down load appeared along with a new "download" folder.

BTW the gtab is running stock OS. Tap UI 1.2 4349

Update: The only reference I've found thus far states that it's a known bug in the stock OS. It seems that I'm going to be forced to keep backups of my sdcard folder.

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Folders are missing from within the sdcard folder on my gtablet. Two folders are gone, the download folder and installed_download folder. Does android do a periodic cleanup? I down loaded a test app just to make sure i had not gotten lost in the Droid file structure, but the new down load appeared along with a new "download" folder.

BTW the gtab is running stock OS. Tap UI 1.2 4349

Update: The only reference I've found thus far states that it's a known bug in the stock OS. It seems that I'm going to be forced to keep backups of my sdcard folder.

The only known fix is to add a file at the root of the SD card called .nomedia. A blank file. If android sees that it will not search the folder/directory. You also should really go to XDA or Slatedroid and dump the stock ROM for something better. Do a search on either for a person named Roebeet. He has some of the easiest to flash and most stable ROMs around for the Gtab. I hope this helps.

sent from my Calkulin+Clemsyn 7 Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol