Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bricked this viewsonic g need some help

This view sonic worked completely fine until the kids left it turned on and killed the battery. It was stuck at the 3 birds screen. I was able to access the recovery screen and tried to do a factory restore. It is now completely stuck at the 3 birds screen and will not enter recovery mode (power plus + volume). I was able to connect it to my computer using a usb cord and found a driver to get it to enter APX mode (Power plus - volume). Tablet shows as a APX device under printers in my windows 7 computer. I am completely stuck now concerning what I do to get the computer to see the tablet so I can access the root directory (not sure if that is right but I hope you get the idea of what I am trying to do) I have an external SD card and not sure if that is what I use to get the tablet to boot correctly. ANY help is appreciated.

Default Re: Bricked this viewsonic g need some help

Power off the unit.
    ****DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT YOU CAN DAMAGE THE COVER DOING THIS! ****
    Take out the four screws under the rubber caps on the under side of the G-Tab.
    Then pop the case apart carefully....
    Near the center of the curcuit board that you exposed there is a RESET button.
    Press it with the Power off you should then see the screen come to life and boot normally.
    Good Luck ....
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I will try that and let you know, thanks.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ok so I tried that and it is still stuck at the 3 birds screen and will not do anything else, could you suggest another method to try?