Bricked this viewsonic g need some help
This view sonic worked completely fine until the kids left it turned on and killed the battery. It was stuck at the 3 birds screen. I was able to access the recovery screen and tried to do a factory restore. It is now completely stuck at the 3 birds screen and will not enter recovery mode (power plus + volume). I was able to connect it to my computer using a usb cord and found a driver to get it to enter APX mode (Power plus - volume). Tablet shows as a APX device under printers in my windows 7 computer. I am completely stuck now concerning what I do to get the computer to see the tablet so I can access the root directory (not sure if that is right but I hope you get the idea of what I am trying to do) I have an external SD card and not sure if that is what I use to get the tablet to boot correctly. ANY help is appreciated.
- 01-26-2013, 05:41 PM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: Bricked this viewsonic g need some help
Power off the unit.
****DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT YOU CAN DAMAGE THE COVER DOING THIS! ****
Take out the four screws under the rubber caps on the under side of the G-Tab.
Then pop the case apart carefully....
Near the center of the curcuit board that you exposed there is a RESET button.
Press it with the Power off you should then see the screen come to life and boot normally.
Good Luck ....
- By zjaksn10 in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 10-21-2012, 11:20 PM
- By igotsanevo4g in forum T-Mobile Nexus S Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 05-20-2011, 10:50 PM
- By hgelpke in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 25Last Post: 03-31-2011, 06:05 PM
- By chrisdazzo in forum Wallpapers, Ringtones, and ThemesReplies: 4Last Post: 02-08-2010, 05:48 PM
- By wolfhound89 in forum HTC HeroReplies: 10Last Post: 11-21-2009, 06:04 PM