1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Viewsonic 10" GTablet Tegra2

I'm pretty interested in this tablet despite its current flaws, as a lurker in this forum, I'm surprised there isn't much talk on this tablet that's available now from sears for $380. I think this is one of the first Tegra2 devices to finally come out. There's several youtube reviews popping up and it seems that Viewsonic's interface is horrible. I'm hoping once the xda devs get around the software and get android market working (properly, it is working it seems) and roots it, we'll have ourselves a decent 10" Tegra 2 tablet.

Viewsonice GTablet Website

One of the youtube reviews

Anyone else looking into getting one of these?

I really want this but if I cant get the market or apps and flash to work it may be useless right now for me

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I have this thing and it is trash. I am going to take mine back in a few days when I get the Archos 101. If I were you I would get the Archos because of these reason:

Horrible viewing angle
    TapnTap is Crap
    No Flash even though they said it has it
    Wifi has to reconnect after wake up which takes forever and most of the time you get errors
    SUPER SLOW

These are just a few. Just my opinion, oh and by the way I am on my second one because my first one died in a couple of hours.

Do realize most Tegra 2 tablets will be crap at the moment as 2.2 was not meant for dual core processors, and many programs aren't written to run on dual core processors. Also, the microSD slot isn't mapped right along with a few other things. There is a huge (over 150 pages) thread on the tablet over at .
    Known by old Palm folks as Crogs571. S4 user on Sprint with way too many backup phones (Spare S4, Epic, Evo Shift).
    Also resell for ProClip and can save you at least 10% on their mounts and cradles. Feel free to PM.