Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default G Tablet Stock ROM?

I purchased the Viewsonic G Tablet a couple weeks ago and am not liking it , even after rooting.

I attempted installing several ROMs but was not successful.

Does anyone have a stock rom or a backup file of their G Tablet that i can restore onto my device so i can return it to the store?

Much Appreciated!
    Motorola Droid, Viewsonic G-Tablet, Logitech Revue, HTC Thunderbolt, B&N Nook Color
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Great.. Much Thanks
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Having some trouble restoring with stock rom... on the link you sent it says:

"change the \recovery\command text file so that "SDCARD" says "SDCARD2" instead"

how do i create a SDCARD2 folder and how do i copy the .zip there?

thanks

SDCARD2 is in reference to the microSD card. If you have a microSD card, just install the two file on the card and then reboot holding Vol+ and Power button until you see a screen with the word android on it. If you don't have a microSD card, then do not change the command file and load the two files on the root(main) directory of /sdcard on the Gtab. Then follow the same reboot process I mentioned.

Good Luck!
    Thanked by:
    debehm 
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Here is the error I get when I do that:

Installing Update...
    assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/recovery", "recovery")
    E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

Thats what happens when I go http://forum.tegratab.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16 and reinstall the stock rom

Please help

Thanks
    Last edited by rubin23; 12-26-2010 at 09:22 PM. Reason: more info

Not sure if the update.zip file is borked or what. Try the stock file from this link. I used it successfully to restore my Gtab. Just put the files on /SDCARD instead of the microSD card "SDCARD2", which his instructions say.

How To – G-Tablet Recover From a Brick – droidpirate.com

Also make sure that the file "command" has the following text in it to look at the /SDCARD directory.

--update_package=SDCARD:/update.zip

For some reason the first time I did this the command file was empty.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Darn, I did that and now my g tablet wont go into recovery mode when i hold the power and volume +

Help

Make sure that you have a /Recovery folder with the command file in it, in the /sdcard directory. And then of course the update.zip file in the /sdcard directory.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

i do... but now the issue is that i can't even get into clockwork recovery mode.

Hmm....wish I could help you further, i don't use Clockwork.
    I would suggest you post something over at xda-developers.com, under the Viewsonic G Tablet thread. They have alot more traffic there and users that use the clockwork recovery mode.